A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Sunday, April 19, 2015

RUN BOSTON STRONG!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tomorrow, my friend Heather @ Girl Goes Running is running the BOSTON MARATHON! I know she is extremely excited to run this race for the third time! Heather, I wish you all the luck in the world tomorrow. Run Boston Strong!!!

I met Heather last year when we both ran the Boston Marathon. We had so much fun snapping this picture that was missed the call for our wave. Oops!



If you ever wondered what it was like to run Boston, you can check out my 2009 re-cap or my 2014 re-cap. If you want to read about one of my running moments I am most proud of, you can read about the day I qualified for Boston.

You gotta read this article by Des Linden. She lists her favorite things about running Boston. Many of her favorite things are my favorite things, too! It's neat to see that the elites are just as excited about running Boston as us common folk!




To all the runners in Boston tomorrow, and especially my friend Heather, I want to wish you the happiest Marathon Monday! Enjoy every second of this momentous race and soak it all in!


7 comments:

  1. THANKS MEG! This post has pumped me up so much I have mascara running down my cheeks, lol. You are so sweet! This year I'm making it my goal to not miss my wave call! ;) I have so many feelings going through my mind right now, it's probably a good thing that Matt is out for his 20 miler...I'm like, "I need some space!" LOL. I'll update as soon as I can when I'm done. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are going to be awesome!!!! I wish every runner got to experience Boston. I am so happy you get to do it for the THIRD TIME because I know how much it means to you and how much you love it! I will be thinking about you all day tomorrow!! <3

      Delete
  2. Best of luck to you Heather and all the other runners in the BM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know a number of people running Boston this year. I'm really excited for all of them! So excited, that I downloaded the Boston Marathon App on my phone just to stalk them all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just reread your qualifying story and love every second of it! I love the Boston time of year because running just feels even more magical than usual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about the magical part Ali!! I don't know why but running just feels so good around this time!

      Delete