A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Thinking Out Loud #8

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...Yay! It's Thursday... which means it's a Thinking Out Loud link up with Amanda @ Running With Spoons. I sort of wrote this on the fly... I actually have a lot of lovely posts ready to publish, but they are too thought out and don't really fall under the umbrella of randomness that a Thinking Out Loud post deserves. So I'm really going to have to think out loud on this one... we'll see what comes out!

Thinking-Out-Loud

1. Pennsylvania got more snow last night and school is closed for like the hundredth time this winter. I am so sick of snow. Can someone who lives in Florida or SoCal or Hawaii please adopt me until May? I would really appreciate it.

File:Palm trees.jpg

Please!!??


2. My doctor gave me the go ahead to start running again! 5 minutes, then 7 minutes, etc... just to be sure it feels okay. He said running and other cardio will NOT hurt what he has done to my knee. It's just if I push myself too hard, I will feel it and I will know to stop. But it will not reverse the work he did on it. GOOD TO KNOW!


Not tomorrow. Thanks, snow!


3. Have you tried honey mustard wheat thins? They have changed my life!



4. Who out there plays Monopoly Deal? I talk about playing it with my husband a lot. We LOVE it. We even made our own versions of the game. If you are an avid Monopoly Deal player, try these versions we made up!

9 Banger - Deal 9 cards instead of 5. Take 4 actions each turn instead of 3. 
You need 4 sets to win instead of 3.

5 in a Row - You must use your cards in the order you pick them up.

Wailwoads Wild! - All railroads are wild cards! Even the properties that are 
only half railroads! Same rules as 9 banger except you need 5 sets to win!

Efficient - This is my favorite way to play. Normal Monopoly Deal rules except 
you don't have time to think about your turns. You need to think on the fly and go, go, go! 
Paul hates this version and never plays it with me.


5. Yesterday, I taught for 2 hours with a pile of puke in my room. Yup. Kid threw up at 1:15, puke still there at 3:15.




That's all I have for yas today, Kids! If you got massive amounts of snow today, stay warm and safe!
Tell me something random... think out loud!


20 comments:

  1. You can come visit me. It's sunny and in the low 70's all week. Wish I could run outside and/or play volleyball though. :((( I can imagine how annoying all this snow is getting. Glad you got the green light to go running!!! Hope it feels OK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh don't tempt me! The only good thing about not being able to run is that it's so cold! It if was beautiful it would really be killing me. Stay strong! This shall pass!

      Delete
  2. OMG the puke.... no, no, no. That is awful! >:(

    Whooo for running again! I bet those first five minutes are going to feel so rejuvenating. Can't wait to read all about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was only off for a week but I did my first run back today and it felt amazing! I am so excited for you to be back tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES you're back!!! How's that piggy toe feeling???

      Delete
  4. Yay for being able to run again! :D Definitely feels awesome to be able to start doing something you love after having to take time off. And I'm definitely with you on being completely over winter… The worst part? We NEVER get snow days, even if it's -40 and blizzarding outside. Apparently we're just too good at dealing with the snow… which isn't surprising considering we have to deal with 6+ months of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily I work for a school, so since kids are involved, they are all about safety! I am glad... I am terrified of snow and icy driving!

      Delete
  5. Hhaaha I love the randomness! I totally wish someone from a warm place would adopt me! Ahhhh what a dream. Also so glad to hear about your knee! Take it slow but that is definitely exciting news :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin!!! I will take it slow. Baby steps... :)

      Delete
  6. Yay for being able to run again! That's always an awesome feeling. The ice here in NC is already melted and were back up to 40 degrees, supposed to get up to 60 by the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh good for you guys!!! I'll be down for a visit. ;)

      Delete
  7. I'll adopt you!!! Come on down; we'll run together now that you got the a-okay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Except I can only run for 5 min... so while you finish your run, I will work on my tan. :)

      Delete
  8. Puke in your room for TWO HOURS?! No. I could not do that. Control over bodily functions is the number-one reason that I teach high school. At least they are smart enough to make a run for the door if they have to vomit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh good call! ;) Pee, poop, vomit... boogers... I've seen it all!

      Delete
  9. Lol, I finally need to comment about the puke in your room: Ewwwww! Why didn't a janitor come and clean it up???

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eek puke!?! That's terrible. Gonna have to try those wheat thins!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need some wheres sunny as well....so tired of winterrrrrrr.

    ReplyDelete