This is a link up that Amanda @ Running With Spoons started. She's a cool chick- check out her blog! Anyway, my second edition of Thinking Out Loud has a theme.... THE GYM.
1. First of all, I go to Planet Fitness. Planet Fitness gets a lot of hate but it has everything I need in a gym. All the dumbbells, weight machines, and cable machines that I personally need, cardio equipment, and an area where I can jump around and do plyometrics like a crazy person. It's 24 hours and it's $10 a month. The perfect gym for me.
2. I don't like when people I don't know talk to me at the gym. It's mostly because I usually have an agenda, want to keep my heart rate up, and only have a certain amount of time to complete my workout. I don't have time to talk! Also, I look like shit and I sweat like crazy, which means I most likely smell, so... yeah, I don't like getting too close to people! (Now if you are someone I actually know and say hi to me, of course I will say hi back and will be happy to see you and chat for a minute. I'm talking about the random people I don't know who try to strike up a convo.)
3. I am embarrassed when I do my bench press warm up set only using the bar. I feel like I need to announce to everyone that I can bench more than the bar, and that this is just to warm up. Yes, I know that is very narcissistic of me to even think people are watching me at the gym and knowing how much weight I am using... I can't help it though!
4. If you are next to me on the treadmill, I will slyly look over and see what speed you are running and at what incline. I hate that I do it, but I do.
5. When I go to the gym, I go make up free. I don't have the greatest skin, so sometimes it really freaks me out to bare it all, but I do it anyway!
Me without make up, in all my shine-y, blotch-y glor-y!
6. And now for something completely random. Did you ever notice Jennifer Lopez plays the same character in every romantic comedy she is in? The only way I can tie this into the "gym" theme is that as I was typing up this post, I was watching The Back Up Plan. Mindless entertainment I tell ya!
Jennifer Lopez without makeup.
Damn her, she's still gorgeous!
Check out some of my other posts about Planet Fitness!
And some of my other RANTS!
Your turn.... tell me something random about the gym. Think Out Loud!