1. Your big Friday night plans as a couple include trips to two different grocery stores.
2. It also includes bringing a cooler in the backseat so your freezer items do not go bad while you stop for dinner.
3. You get seriously excited when you find a "really good box" at Aldi. (The discount grocery store where you either need to bring your own bags which I fail to remember every damn time or use their empty boxes to box your groceries.)
4. You don't leave home without your ice pack. Darrrrrn my old 31-year-old knee!
5. You're home before 8pm because "it's getting late".
Now, in my defense, I did try to get wild and crazy at dinner by ordering a Dirty Martini with a double shot (I like a strong drink!) but the waitress said their martini glasses weren't big enough. We were at TJ Rockwell's... a pretty well-known drinking establishment that should have glasses big enough for one little extra ounce of alcohol. But no. Whatever. I drank wine instead. Like the old lady I am.
Of course I am being tongue and cheek. I know I am not old. But it is funny how our lives change as we get older. I never was too wild and crazy, but 10 years ago, a fun Friday night certainly did not include a trip to Aldi!
How have your Friday nights changed as you have gotten older?
Are you still young and crazy!? In which case, tell us your crazy Friday night plans!