Today's post is a Thinking Out Loud link up with Amanda @ Running with Spoons. If you have not been by her blog yet, please head over there!
Now, let the randomness COMMENCE!!!!
1. I made a travel itinerary for me and my husband. We recently decided we want to make traveling the world a priority! I have big plans for us over the next several years. Locations to visit include Hawai'i (already booked for this summer!!), Seattle and an Alaskan Cruise, Europe (hopefully hitting up London, France, and one other country yet to be determined), Colorado, Southern California, and Florida. I know these are lofty travel goals, but if we put our minds to it, I know we can do it!
2. I made an appointment with my orthopedic doctor about my knee. I have been doing a lot of brainstorming, and it just seems RIDICULOUS that over the past four months, no one has given me a straight answer about what exactly is wrong and what I must do to fix it. (But props to my current PT who is trying his damnedest to figure out what is wrong.) If I were an NBA player, they would have known what was wrong MONTHS ago and it would have been fixed by now.
3. Milk is SO GOOD! Ever since I stopped drinking fake sugar, I have started drinking a lot of water. I have also started craving milk real bad. I'll often have it for a snack or for a treat right before bed. A couple years ago, drinking calories like that would have freaked me out, but now I don't sweat it. I just enjoy the yummy-ness!
4. Central PA is having a CRAZY winter! Just to give you a taste of how snowy/icy/cold it has been, here is a shot of the Susquehanna River facing Harrisburg...
Photo by Nicole Hoyer.
5. New Year's Resolution Update!!! My resolution this year was to take one rest day per week. My third rest day of the year was yesterday, so I am right on track! So far, my body and energy levels feel the same. I don't see any improvements or set backs. (Except for some minor bouts of rest day anxiety.) So all in all, things are going well! Wish me luck on the next 49 rests days! Ugh, I already feel lazy.
6. Is anyone watching the new HBO show called True Detective starring Matthew McCognauhey and Woody Harrelson? First of all, I have always thought they were both gross... especially McCognauhey. How he was voted sexiest man alive, I will never know. Second, I cannot stand this show for the sole reason that it seems like they put a microphone right next to both of these men's mouths so it picks up every single disgusting noise they make. And they make lots of disgusting noises.
Other Thinking Out Loud posts...
Thinking Out Loud #3 - Teaching!
Thinking Out Loud #4 - Learning to walk again- LITERALLY.
Thinking Out Loud #4 - Learning to walk again- LITERALLY.
Your turn! Tell me something random! Think out loud...
Those are some -awesome- travel goals! I visited Hawaii for the first time last year and fell in love. Which island will you be visiting? And going on an Alaskan cruise is something I hope to do within the next couple of years as well... eeeeeven though the thought of being on a boat kind of freaks me out lol.ReplyDelete
Happy Thursday, lovely!
We are going to The Big Island. :) I am freaked out by being on a boat in such a cold area... I mean, if the boat capsizes in the tropics, I can just tread water right??? I fear in Alaska there would be a Jack/Rose Titanic type situation!Delete
Yay for traveling! I have visited many places on that list ( and did I tell you i'm a part time travel agent, so if you need help booking anything, i'd love to it for you). I never wanted to go to Alaska, but my husband always had, so I took him on an Alaskan cruise for his birthday 2 years ago and ya know what, I actually had fun! It was So pretty!ReplyDelete
I did not know you were a part time travel agent! I will def let you know if I have questions as I plan trips! Hawai'i is booked so that huge task is done!Delete
You should also come to Northern California and see the redwoods! ;-)ReplyDelete
I have!! It was my favorite trip EVER!!!Delete
If you visit SoCal stop by and say hi. I didn't know Matt and Woody had a show. I don't mind either that much, but I also am not ape shit crazy about them either. I think I liked Matt more back in the day, although his roles have improved. That wasn't really random but those were my thoughts. :)ReplyDelete
I agree that he has taken better roles. He used to just play the suave, full of himself love interest in romantic comedies.Delete
I'm so with you on the Matthew McCognauhey thing. I haven't watched his new show, but he's one of the sexiest men alive? Hmmm ... no.ReplyDelete
Good luck at your doctor appointment. I hope you're close to finally figuring out what's going on with the knee!
Matt is swarmy... that's the only word that I think describes him perfectly!Delete
Thanks, I hope I find out too, then I can stop boring everyone with my whining!!!
Rest days are the best days. I never thought I needed them, but they help so much!
I want to go to Seattle, Colorado, and London. Probably 2 of the 3 will happen this year?
That's awesome if you can get to those places this year! I think my travel list is more of like a 7 year plan.Delete
I love a glass of milk before bed! I drink skim usually so if we have 2% or anything in the house it almost makes me think I'm drinking a milk shake haha.ReplyDelete
I drink skim too but grew up on 2%.Delete
I have PVR'd that True Detective show. I only got to watch the first episode so far and the recording cut out before the last 5 minutes of the show... It does have me hooked but more so for the plot line. But I also do think Matthew is a little hot too.... :) I won't see the next episode for like two weeks so we will see if I still like it!ReplyDelete
I do like the plot too :)Delete
That River looks Freeeeeezing!!! We've been getting pounded with Winter as well. Is it spring yet?!ReplyDelete
Something Random: I am definitely planning an afternoon nap on Saturday.....LOL.
It know it is so freaking cold.Delete
I hope the weather is warmer in February, when I'm in Harrisburg! Like, 20 degrees warmer, please? Can you make some sort of arrangement for me? Because I know you're awesome like that. :-)ReplyDelete
Random thought for the day: My dogs have been waking me up at 3:30
in the morning every day. I think they're trying to tell me to get my butt out of bed and go for a run. But the temp this morning was 4 degrees and that was NOT happening! Hopefully they'll still be doing this when it's springtime and it serves a purpose (like going on long runs) other than me taking them out and climbing into bed. They are the cutest little alarm clocks ever, though!
I think it will still be cold then but you will be used to it because I am sure it is cold up there!! Aw you are right those must be the cutest alarm clocks. My alarm clock was laying on my chest this morning. <3 him :)Delete