I've been having a lot of snow days and 2 hour delays lately. This has led me to start DVR'ing episodes of Full House. I know. As if I need another avenue to waste time. Did you know there are like 14 episodes of Full House on a day? (Don't worry, I only watch the "good" ones.)
Dang, I loved this show when I was a kid! I sent fan mail to Candace Cameron and Jodie Sweetin. It was definitely one of my favorite shows. But as I watch it as a 31 year old, I realize really it was absolutely ridiculous...
1. Danny Tanner was the funniest person on this show. My favorite thing he ever said: "Am I the raddest baddest dad a a kid ever had?"
2. Parents could just walk into schools... I watched an episode where Danny just waltzed into Steve's wrestling practice. Yeah right! It would not go down that way anymore.
3. Michelle was a BRAT. I fast forward through all her scenes.
4. They had a lot of "very special episodes". Like the one when DJ had an eating disorder for a day. (I'm not making fun of eating disorders, but I am making fun of getting one and overcoming it within a two day period!)
5. Whenever someone learned a lesson, you would hear a violin and then a faint saxophone in the background.
6. Uncle Jesse was actually very hot.
7. Joey was really creepy. He wasn't related to anyone in the house. What the heck was he doing there? Helping with the girls when Danny's wife passed away, I know, but at some point things were under control. I guess he didn't have family or any girlfriends so he wanted to live there.
And now for fun... a little Buzzfeed for you!
The 19 Most WTF Moments from Full House
What was your favorite TV show as a kid?
Have you watched Full House lately? Did you think it was as ridiculous as I did!?
I haven't seen that show in ages, though I did meet John Stamos back in 1988 or 89 and told him my favorite character was DJ ;) oops.ReplyDelete
Haha that's awesome!Delete
Hahaha, that is do true about Uncle Joey! I miss Full House....I used to live it! Michelle WAS a brat.ReplyDelete
I know, if my students talked the sass she talked... there would be problems!Delete
I may or may not have watched the entire series as an adult in undergrad. I couldn't stand Michelle either. Also, I wish that every time I was about to learn a lesson the violin and sax would start playing. It would be very helpful.ReplyDelete
So funny. My sister loved this show! I felt the same way about 90210. I loved it when I was in middle school but now as an adult when I watch the old High school episodes I think how cheesy it was!ReplyDelete
Don't you get secondhand embarrassment for the characters??? 90210 was sooo over dramatic.ReplyDelete
I never realized that about Uncle ("uncle"???) Joey. Maybe that was for the best.ReplyDelete
Also - Family Matters was a great show around that time period.
Ooh yah I watched that too... TGIF! Full House, Family Matters, Step by Step... and then what!?Delete
Yesssss all my old favorites! :) I miss hanging out with my mom watching those shows hahaDelete
lmao you need to read fullhousereviewed.com. It's magical. (And yes, I agree with EVERY one of these points!)ReplyDelete
Ooh I will check that out this week when I am procrastinating!!Delete