Today is my Dad's birthday! Not sure if you know, this but I have the best dad in the world!
Just off the top of my head, here are 10 Reasons he's an awesome dad!
1. He took us sledding and ice skating when we were kids, then skiing when we were teenagers.
2. He made up fun games for us to play, like "Magic Carpet Ride", "Don't Get On My Back While I'm Sleeping", and "Funny Exercises".
3. He played Aerosmith all the time when we were kids!
4. He took me to NYC one year when my mom couldn't. He shopped for clothes with me at Macy's and we saw Cats on Broadway!
5. He went to all my band and chorus concerts and all the musicals I was in.
6. He made sure me and my brothers always had bikes In fact, he bought me the spin bike I have now!
7. He worked really hard so we could go on family vacations to the beach.
8. He loves our mom and treats her like a queen.
9. He took us to see DAVID COPPERFIELD perform!
10. He built my brother a huge skateboard ramp in the back yard. Half pipe. My dad can do anything, no joke.
And now, some fun pics, just for... fun!
That's my dad at a H.S. basketball game scoring.
He's always been athletic!
Dad on the Susquehanna River... probably the 80s!
Is that a Super Soaker behind him?
3 little kids... Dang, I bet we were a handful!
My dad and I at my wedding in 2008.
My mom and dad on their wedding day in 1977.
HAPPY BIRTHYDAY, DADDIO!
I love you!!
Happy Birthday to your dad! This post is so sweet :)ReplyDelete
p.s. LOVE Aerosmith!
I think my dad looks like a cross between Steven Tyler and MacGyver. :)Delete
Your dad sounds wonderful! I hope he has an amazing day!ReplyDelete
He's the best :)Delete
Happy birthday to your dad! He sounds lovely!ReplyDelete
He's one of a kind. :)Delete
Aw, your dad seems super cool! Happy birthday to him!ReplyDelete
He is a neat guy. :)Delete
He seems like a wonderful man! Happy birthday to your dad!ReplyDelete
Your dad definite sounds like an awesome guy! I especially love the idea of the "don't get on my back while I'm sleeping" game. I think I'll have to use that one when I have kids!ReplyDelete
Omg it was so fun. He would make this big deal and lay down on his belly in the middle of the floor. We would all sit on the couch. He'd be "stern" and remind us that he is taking a nap, but whatever we do, DON'T get on my back while I'm sleeping. lol!!! So he'd pretend to sleep and we would sneak up. Sometimes we'd make it onto his back,sometimes he'd chase us back to the couch first. We LOVED that game. I played it with kids when I baby-sat.Delete
This made me tear up a tiny bit. Adorable and such an amazing tribute to your father :) I love it. Especially #8 - It's a rarity for parents to stay together for so long - you and I are so lucky!!!ReplyDelete
Oh yes we are lucky!Delete