A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Sunday, October 20, 2013

PROGRESS!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... You may laugh at this... but I have made some MAJOR progress with my food issues!

Saturday afternoon, I was hungry. I was craving chocolate. I looked in my pantry. There were some yummy gourmet chocolate covered pretzels my friend brought over a few nights ago. Mmmmm.... that's what I wanted!

So I had one!




ONE.

Not three, not four.... ONE!!!!

And I didn't feel guilty about it!

I didn't head to the freezer for ice cream. I didn't put on sweat pants. I didn't GIVE UP ON THE DAY because I had a chocolate covered pretzel. Two years ago, that's what I would have done.

You know what I did on this day?

I chased it with some milk.




It was divine!

The fact that I can have a treat- in moderation- on a random Saturday afternoon like a NORMAL FREAKING PERSON is huge progress for me! I didn't obsess about it. I didn't vow to skip dessert that night. (In fact, I planned to have one or two pumpkin cookies I made!) I just ate it and enjoyed it and then stopped.

So simple, yet so hard.


No comments:

Post a Comment