A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Thursday, October 24, 2013

A Running Survey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

I took this running survey that I saw on a new blog I follow- Runner Girl Eats. If you are looking for a new blog to read, it's worth checking out!

Anyway, here is the survey!



But first, a funny marathon sign!



What is your favorite type of cross training?

The arc trainer is no joke. This would be my favorite because I feel like it very closely resembles running... just without picking up your feet!


What is your favorite song to run to?

I actually don't listen to music when I run. Although, during the last 6 miles of the 2012 Harrisburg marathon I did listen to some music. I thought it would help me keep my mojo going- and it DID! I finished to the Indiana Jones Theme. I know, so cheesy, but it inspired me to KEEP GOING.


What brand of shoes do you wear?

Mizuno Wave Riders size 7.5. (In case you need a present for me...)


Do you wear a hat when you run?

No, but I usually wear a bandanna.



Beginning of the Flying Pig Marathon. Bandanna'd up and ready to roll!



But apparently I wore a hat during my first marathon- Harrisburg 2005.


What temperature is your favorite for running?

Anything between 20 degrees and 80 degrees is fine by me, as long as I am dressed properly. I'll run in hotter or cooler temps, but it's obviously not as enjoyable!


Do you run solo or with a buddy?

Mostly alone. An occasional long run with a buddy or group on the weekend. But these days, I really must stress the word occasional.



Just a few crazy people I have run with!
Do you see yourself in this picture???


Are you a morning, noon, or evening runner?

Morning fo sho.


Do you have any big races coming up?

Just Boston in April.


Boston 2009


What is your favorite post run snack?

I eat a MEAL after I run. Cereal and Greek yogurt is always good. Or cereal w/ a banana. Or an egg sandwich! As long as it's heavy on the carbs, I'm good.


What is your favorite distance?

My standard neighborhood route is 7 miles.


What is your favorite race?

That's hard because they're all so different! The Keystone Vermont City Marathon is one of my favorite marathons. The two legs I ran at the Laurel Highlands was beautiful, as well as the course for the Bull Run 50 miler.



Me and Anne, happy at the end of the Bull Run!


Do you wear a Garmin? If not, how do you track your distance?

Yes, but I ran for YEARS without a Garmin and tracked my routes on MapMyRun.


Paul has been getting very good with presents.


What is your least favorite race?

The second Warrior Dash I did SUCKED. The actual race was fine, but the overall lack of organization at the place ruined it for me.


Happy times at our 1st Warrior Dash.


Who is your running idol?

Anyone who works hard for something- I admire that!


How long have you been running?

At some point during college, I don't really remember exactly when! I didn't become serious until about 2005.


Do you wear your engagement/wedding ring when you run?

I wear my wedding ring. I'm not afraid of it falling off because it only falls off when it's really cold and my fingers shrink. And if it's THAT cold, I have gloves on, so it's not going anywhere!


What is your favorite type of run? Tempo? Long? Repeat? Fartleks?

I like me a good long run!


What do you drink to stay hydrated?

Water.


Where is your favorite place to run?

I went on some gorgeous runs when I was in San Francisco! I ran on the Dipsea Trail, up and down the San Francisco Hills overlooking the bay, and along the waterfront in Monterey. It doesn't get much better than that!


Oh, just running on the beach in Monterey.


Can you see Alcatraz???


What do you take on a run? Does it vary by distance?

If it's 10 miles or less and it's around my neighborhood, I don't take anything except my mp3 player. If it's more than 10 miles or I'm not close to home, I take water, TP, and my phone. When I used to run reeeeeally long, I took food.


If I don't have it, I will surely need it.


Please comment below with your own answer to one of the questions on the running survey!

2 comments:

  1. The only race I've ever done was the Warrior Dash and it was one of the worst experiences ever! In the first mile, some guy decided to start running backwards and tripped me over in the process. I fell down the side of a hill and sprained my ankle. I couldn't run for 6 weeks. I should actually be thankful for the injury somewhat as it's what got me started with weights!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Warrior Dash is a big sprained ankle just waiting to happen! I'm surprised more people don't get hurt in that race. But you're right- if that's what got you started with lifting, then I'd say it's a good thing!

    ReplyDelete