I'm a creature of habit, especially when it comes to food! I usually eat the same things every day. The only difference is dinner. Dinner could be any number of things, but it's usually based off of chicken breast and lots of veggies.
For the past two and a half weeks, my appetite has been OFF. I have no interest for a lot of the foods I used to love. I workout, but then I'm not hungry afterwards. I have to MAKE myself eat so I can refuel my body. Some mornings I wake up starving, while other mornings I don't want anything until noon. It's weird. I guess a lot of it is because I haven't been on a normal schedule.
I can't wait until my appetite is back on track! But until then, I will share with you some foods I happen to currently love, and others that I USED to love, but now I hate!
Foods I'm Loving
1. Butternut Squash. I don't think I knowingly had this until a few days ago. Crazy, I know. But we didn't eat it growing up, so I never really thought to eat it as an adult. It's deliciously good though, and I am enjoying making new recipes.
2. Milk. Ever since I gave up fake sugar, I've been having an illicit affair with milk. It's soooo good. I love a glass of it right before bed. Or with a handful of almonds and chocolate morsels. It's so satisfying.
3. Cheese. I love melting shredded cheddar cheese on tortilla chips or ground turkey. I've also been melting it on chicken breast to make it more appetizing. Everything is better with cheese on top!
4. Eggs. Mmmm. I love me an egg sandwich! In fact, I think I shall have that for breakfast this morning!
Foods I Used To Be Loving But Now I'm Hating
2. Greek Yogurt. I used to eat Greek yogurt every day for a snack. In the past few days I had one scoop of it in a protein shake. That's it. I need to get back on the wagon or the carton I have in my fridge is going to go bad.
3. Salad. I used to love salads because there are so many ways you can make them. Cranberry Walnut, Grilled Chicken Breast, Ground Turkey Taco Salad, Sweet Potatoes Dumped on a Salad... Right now, none of it sounds appetizing at all.
4. Frozen Cauliflower. I ate an entire bag of this a few months ago and ever since then, the thought of it makes me want to VOMIT!
What foods are you loving/hating right now?
Post a Comment