A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Alohaaaaaa!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


I am super duper excited. Paul and I have created quite a lofty goal for ourselves.... and I shall call that goal:


HAWAIIAN VACATION SUMMER 2014!!!!

(Or 2015, depending on how good/bad we are at saving money!)


How did this decision come about? Well, we've always wanted to go to Hawaii, but it seemed like such an expensive endeavor that it sort of fell into the "someday" bucket. We don't really travel. Our one and only big trip was San Francisco two summers ago and we LOVED IT. I want to go back. But there are other places to go... Like Hawaii!

The thing that finally made me say, "Come on Paul, let's just do it!" was that I needed a motivation to teach piano lessons. You see, I haven't been teaching lessons this week, and it has been such a joy to come home from work and be done with work for the day. It's not that I don't like teaching lessons- I like it a lot! I enjoy it just as much as I enjoy teaching music at EPE. (If anything, it's even better because I get to sit the whole time and there is usually a kitty cat or two laying on the bay window listening.) It's just very difficult coming home from a full day of work and having more work to do. It also means there's less time I can spend with Paul. 

I decided going back to teaching lessons would be easier if I knew we were going to use that money for something incredible that we could enjoy together.

So right now, I have two pictures of  beautiful Hawaiian landscape on my piano. They will be my motivation for the next 10 months. We hope to go in August, but obviously, even though I have done a lot of research, I have sooooo much more research to do before we make even tentative plans. It's all good, though. I like to research places to go!

But the saving has already begun! I did not stop for coffee after Planet Fitness yesterday morning. You know why?

Because coffee is going to taste WAY better in HAWAIIIIIIIIII!!!!!


Have you ever been to Hawaii?

What was your favorite vacation?

2 comments:

  1. My husband and I are actually just starting to think about and plan our vacation for next year and Hawaii is at the top of our list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, do it! We can share travel planning tips :)

    ReplyDelete