A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Friday, October 18, 2013

9 random things about the past few days...


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


1. I'm going to try lifting without gloves. I forgot mine at Planet Fitness last week and I don't feel like buying a new pair. So from now on, no more gloves! (Unless I start to get man hands. Then I shall buy a pair the very next time I am in Target!


2. When you're injured and can't/shouldn't run, it seems like EVERYONE is running.


3. Speaking of running, my hamstrings, glutes, and calves are SO SORE from my runs these past two days! It's so interesting how taking some time off from an activity and then jumping back in shocks your body- even if it's an activity you've been doing for years!




4. I found a new activity that makes me knee hurt. Like, pulsating, "feels like I sprained my knee" hurt. What is this activity, you ask? PIANO LESSONS. Yes. An hour and a half of piano lessons makes my knee SCREAM!


5. Speaking of piano lessons, I survived my first week teaching them after a month off! I am $120 closer to going to Hawaii. That will cover... ummm.... snorkeling!


6. Poor little Basey Girl has been sick. She didn't seem like herself on Tuesday. She wasn't jumping off the couch to get her food and she was growling every time we touched her. Paul picked her up and she growled and cried. She also had a look in her eyes that told me she was in pain. I took her to the vet bright and early Wednesday morning and we discovered she had a UTI. I of course was not happy she had a UTI, but I was happy it wasn't something that couldn't be treated. We got her pain meds and antibiotics. Today (Thursday) we can tell she is not 100% but she is definitely better than yesterday. She'll walk for her food, and she went down to the basement twice... and then back up the steps. So she's moving around. That's a really good thing! Oh, and she has been caught cleaning and stretching. Two more good signs!! UTIs are really serious in cats, because they can get really bad in a very short amount of time. People laugh when we get cat sitters when we go on vacation (usually they stay overnight at our house) but this is EXACTLY why we do that. What if one of our cats got a UTI when we were gone and no one was checking on them?




7. I'm so excited for this weekend! Not only do I get to see my dear friend Ashley, I get to meet her daughter for the first time ever!




8. My husband and I are in need of a couples Halloween costume idea. Any suggestions for a cheap and simple costume?


9. When a friend of ours brought us dinner this past Tuesday, she included some DELICIOUS orange sweet peppers. I never had a pepper that tasted so wonderful. I put them on a salad with mozzarella cheese, ground turkey, tomatoes, and taco sauce. It's SO GOOD!




Tell me something random about YOUR week!

No comments:

Post a Comment