Today, I'm going to tell you 5 Things I Love About My Colleagues!
(In case you are a new reader, some background: I teach elementary music at a medium sized public school in Central Pennsylvania!)
1. They are FUNNY! Humor is a great way to make it through a stressful school day or to just simply connect with people. I work with a group of people who love to joke around and have fun.
2. They have your back. Whether you need help in your work life or your personal life, the faculty at my school comes together in tough times. I can't tell you how many times they have truly touched my heart with their caring for me and Paul.
3. They care about the students and our school. This probably goes without saying. But truly, when your child is in our school, they are in the best of hands with caring adults.
4. They give good advice. I learn so much every day from my colleagues! Whether they have been teaching for 30 years or they are a first year teacher, everyone brings a unique perspective and brings something different to the table. Our school is stronger for it!
5. They are forgiving. We all have bad days. We all mess up. But we also forgive each other and move forward, because that's what FAMILIES do!
Me with some of my colleagues this summer. "The Basement Bunch"!
What do you love about your colleagues?