A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Sunday, September 23, 2018

Oh What A Night

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... I'm writing this blog post at 4:33 in the morning. Jelly woke me up for breakfast at 3:00 and I have been up ever since! I'm bummed. I like to get good sleep on the weekends, but I guess it wasn't meant to be.


Taken just before he sat on my laptop, slid off, and then ran over to his condo in embarrassment.

Cats can always fall back asleep!

However, I am confident it will be a good day. I'm running on the AT with a running friend and it's a section I haven't done in awhile. In fact, the last time I ran this section, it was when I thought I saw a mountain lion! It turns out, it was probably just a fox.

I also might go bop around Target and the Christmas Tree Shoppe this afternoon. I have been in the mood to shop for fall clothes and have actually gone out several times, but only bought one sweater. There isn't much fall stuff out yet and I don't need anything... but it doesn't hurt to go look!

In the meantime, I have been trying to wear all my "spring/summer only" dresses to work before it gets too cold out and I have to put them away for the winter. They may go away sooner than I thought. Yesterday was the first day of Fall and it was the first COOL day in PA in a very long time!

I don't often write blog posts "on the fly", but when I do, I tend to enjoy it. I think I might do that this week and just kind of chat about my day with you each morning. Except tomorrow of course, where I'll post my Weekend Wrap Up!

Well, I hope you all have a great Sunday! What is on your agenda today?

10 comments:

  1. We got horrible sleep last night, too. It always happens after a date night! The kids end up waking up at all hours in the night and it's awful. Hoping to get in a nap and unfortunately, I have a ton of grad work to do. Womp womp! Hope you have a nice run and find some good fall clothes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you napped and got your grad work done! I did get some cute fall clothes. :)

      Delete
  2. Running on the AT and some shopping sounds like the perfect fall day! I love browsing around the Christmas Tree shop! I started putting my fall decorations out yesterday and I have the itch to want to buy more stuff, but like you, I don't "need" anything! What I have is sufficient, especially since I'll be putting Christmas stuff out in 2 months! Oh my, can you believe that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, it does sound like a good fall day and it turned out really well. You have to go to the Christmas Tree Shoppe! They have so many fall decorations and they are so cheap!

      Delete
  3. Just catching up at home today. Went camping this weekend. What a chilly weekend!! Sorry about the sleep situation. Hope the AT was fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I bet the chilly weather really made your camping trip feel like fall. :) AT was great!

      Delete
  4. Ugh! I hate it when the cat wakes me up. Elly did that last night and it made me super mad. My mom is in town so she’s all weird since she can’t just go terrorize an empty living room.

    Since my mom is in town, we went hiking at Silver Lake and Lake Solitude, looking for fall colors. It was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just googled imaged those lakes.... beautiful!!!!!

      Delete
  5. I hope you had a fabulous run! I am sure you did. It's getting cool overnight in Colorado, too. Yesterday it was 46 when I did my workout but the daily temps are still in the high 80's. Today we spent 8 hours on the Harley up in the mountains looking at the beautiful fall colors! I am so grateful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My run was great! Allison is a great running partner. It does not look like fall here yet. It doesn't smell like fall either. Hopefully soon!

      Delete