A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Sunday, September 16, 2018

I'm running a race today!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...Today, I'm running the Dam Half Marathon at RB Winter State Park. I ran this trail race last year and it was a great experience!

I look forward to logging some miles on the trail and getting some REDEMPTION for last week's race that wasn't!


From their website:


"The Dam Half is a challenging trail ½ marathon staged in the forests of central Pennsylvania. We hope that both runners and hikers will continue to enjoy the 13-mile course that takes contestants over single & double track trails with some portions of fire roads.  The contestants will be subjected to rocks, mud,
downed trees, stumps, roots, woodland creatures and small stream crossings.  Competitors will scale challenging ascents with scenic vistas before the final downhill to the finish line!"

Ummmmm... I hope the woodland creatures are only birds, squirrels, and deer. I do NOT want to see bears, snakes, or bees!!!

I'm excited and really in the mood to run. I'm hoping my body feels good and I have an enjoyable couple hours in the woods. If my back starts hurting and I need to hike it in, I can do that too. I'm loaded up on podcasts and have zero expectations except to take the race as it comes and enjoy it!
Have you ever run a redemption race?
What's the craziest animal you saw during a race?

7 comments:

  1. I wonder if some of the race course will take you through where I hiked this summer.

    Since I spent a long time dealing with IT Band syndrome, I've definitely had a few redemption races. My marathon being one of them. Hope this is an enjoyable race for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet it does! Check this out: http://www.midpenntrailblazers.com/trail-race-events/damhalf/course.html

      Delete
  2. I've run a few redemption races before and the outcomes... varied. LOL. Honestly, I can't wait to get back to running and have a comeback race when I finish dealing with these hamstring troubles (the pain has stopped but I think I will go back to PT for one more eval before I start running again in the next few weeks).

    Also, this is so weird that the race calls the runners or walkers "contestants". It sounds like a reality show or game show! I've never seen a run refer to the participants as contestants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going back for one last eval is prob a good idea. You didn't go through all this to not see it through properly until the end!

      Yeah the contestant thing is weird!!!!

      Delete
  3. I hope you had an awesome race! the weather was almost perfect for it!

    ReplyDelete