A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Saturday, November 26, 2016

Weekly Workouts!


Hey, hey, hey!
I vowed to run less this week and I did!
DREAM BIG!
Here's what I was up to...

Saturday- 10 miles on the Conewago Trail. It was a hot, sunny day. Paul walked while I ran. He walks fast. I can run faster than him but he can walk faster than me! I let him use my Garmin because he forgot his.

Sunday- Lifting @ Planet Fitness. This workout was epic. I was there for 2 hours!


Bench Press w/ Smith machine- 2x6x65lb, 2x6x75lb, 1x8x85lb
Chest Press- 5x6x30lb
Band Asst. Wide Grip Pull Ups- 5x6
Band Asst. Neutral Grip Pull Ups- 5x6
Shoulder Press- 5x8x22.5lb
Bicep Curls- 5x8x17.5
Tricep Push down w/ rope- 5x10x25lb
Capt. Chair- 5x20
Bicycles- 5x40
Stability Ball Knee Tuck- 5x15
Hip/Glute exercises
Stretching
Plank- 10x1 min

Monday- Light upper body, core, and hip/glute stuff at home. There were 33mph winds. There was no way I was going to run in that!



Tuesday- 6 miles in my hood. It wasn't too chilly out, so this was just a nice "la la la" run.


Wednesday- Lifting back @ Planet Fitness. Paul took some video of my band asst pull ups!

Band Asst. Pull Ups- 5x6
Band Asst. Pull Ups (neutral grip)- 5x6
Inverted Row- 5x10
Lat Pull Down- 5x8x85lb
Cable Row- 5x10x55lb
Bicep Curl- 5x10x15lb
Bicycles- 5x40
Capt. Chair- 5x20
Stab. Ball Knee Tuck- 5x15
Plank- 8x1 min
Hip/Glute exercises
Stretching

Thursday- 8 morning miles. I was excited to run, but when I got out there I was slow and creaky. It wasn't that fun. 8:24 pace.



Friday- 6 miles. I felt great on this run! It's weird how I can have two runs in two days and they feel completely different. 8:09 pace.
How were your workouts this week?

12 comments:

  1. Dang, 2 hours at the gym is impressive!!! You kick some butt with the weights! Great picture at the gym too :) I have been slacking at the weights. Been trying some yoga at home and it's making me sore enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure if I did yoga I'd use muscles I never knew I had and be really sore!

      Delete
  2. You really burn it up at the gym girl!
    I did a short run yesterday on the trail and it was a struggle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, why a struggle? Sometimes I guess there is just no reason.

      Delete
  3. Looks awesome! That is a pretty epic gym session for sure. From last Saturday to this Saturday I got in 5 runs and 2 swims -- too chilly to bike outside this week. Now we are in Winter Park so back to back rest days on my agenda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh fun! Have fun at Winter Park! Are you staying over?

      Delete
    2. Yes, we arrived Friday early morning and will take off Sunday! It's been wonderful!

      Delete
  4. Nice pull ups! The wind was crazy earlier this week- I didn't run in it either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't blame you! It was actually windy today but not too bad.

      Delete
  5. Don't blame you not to run in the crazy winds! Always better safe than sorry and it sounds like you still got a good workout in at home. Usually my bad runs follow good runs and so forth. I had a couple of good runs in a row and then got injured so maybe so many days isn't a good thing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the danger factor of the winds scare me but also the biting cold!

      Delete
  6. Thanks girl! The band is not scary at all. The new asst. machine my PF got is a piece of shit!

    ReplyDelete