A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Friday, November 25, 2016

Friday 5! (Christmas Activities/Destinations!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hey all! I am linking up with Running on Happy and Fairytales and Fitness for Friday 5 2.0!

I love the Christmas season! Growing up, I have so many happy childhood memories from Christmas. My mom always made decorating the house a special event. We picked out a tree as a family. My dad set up the train around the tree to me and my brother's delight. We listened to Christmas music around the house and baked cookies. This is why I love Christmas so much.

There are many fun Christmas activities that happen in Central PA and the surrounding areas, and by golly, this year, Paul and I are going to actually do them! All of these events are on our calendar... and you know I will do a recap of all of them!

These are the events we plan to attend!

1. Christmas Magic at Rocky Ridge Park in York, PA

From what I understand, this is a trail decorated with Christmas lights. I'm sure it will be much more low key than Hershey Park's Christmas Candylane... You couldn't pay me to go to that shit show!

2. Christkindl Market in Mifflinburg, PA

My mom has been a crafter at this festival for years but we have yet to go. Apparently, the whole main street is decorated like a little German town. There are crafts, food, and entertainment. I can't wait to finally go!

3. Longwood Gardens Christmas

Everyone always tells me to go to Longwood Gardens, but I am not a flowery, gardeny person. Apparently you don't have to like gardens to like Longwood Gardens... so people have told me. In December they do Christmas events and lights so I figure it would be a good time to go. I don't like gardens but I do like Christmas!

4. Old Tyme Christmas at Harpers Ferry

Paul recently went to Harpers Ferry with his family. He only spent a day there, but he loved it and wants to take me. Of course I found out that they have special nights in December where the town celebrates Christmas, so that's when we'll go. We will spend the night so that the next day we can hike on the Appalachian Trail and run on the canal trail.

5. Christmas Caroling!

My friend Kristen has been organizing Christmas Caroling for the past couple years. I hope she does it again this year because it is always so fun. I love to sing, especially Christmas music.
Do you go Christmas Caroling?

Are there any Christmas activities/destinations you're doing this year?

21 comments:

  1. There's a big Kristkindlmarkt here in Chicago and I have never been. I want to go...but crowds...the struggle is real!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate crowds too! Hopefully if I go into it knowing there will be lots of people I will be a little more zen.

      Delete
  2. Haha,we had gone to the Christmas thing at Hershey Park a LONG time ago and I don't remember it being that crowded.
    I wanted to go see Elf the musical down in Hershey but I believe it's on a school night and don't want to be out that late during the week. (I know I'm getting old...lol). There are usually a bunch of christmassy activities around here and I like going to dinner theatre type Christmas shows! Enjoy all your events this season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate going places on a school night, I don't blame you! I don't even want to go to the grocery store, let alone a musical over an hour away. Have you ever gone to Christkindl Market?

      Delete
    2. Yes, we've gone to the Christkindle market before. We haven't gone in several years because it ends up being so cold that weekend. If you go, check out a stand called Sand Castle Winery. You know I don't really drink wine but they have one called Alpine Spice and it's a dessert wine. You can serve it cold or hot. They were giving out samples one year (from a crock pot) and we were hooked. We ended up ordering an entire case. We had it for several seasons!

      Delete
    3. You know what, you told me about that wine! I am not a fan of spicy wines, but I think our friends Bob and Rachel are coming with us and they love that kind of stuff! I will make sure they get some.

      Delete
  3. Such fun events! We sometimes head down to zoo lights and then we always make sure to head up to Old Town Fort Collins because the lights are so magical! Next weekend I will be going to a local, holiday craft show and then one night we load up in the car and drive around listening to holiday music looking at the light displays--some people in our town have epic set ups!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I love looking at lights! That will be so fun. Will you buy a lot of gifts at the craft show?

      Delete
  4. Take me with you !!! All of this sounds amazing !

    We have wanted to do Rocky Ridge and we always forget about it. It's a beutiful park!!

    You don't have to be a flower person to enjoy Longwood, it's is amazing!! We are going in December too! My family lives really close to Kennet square, and that's where my sister has her bakery. Also, when you go to Longwood, you have to Eat at Lilly's in Kennett square, it's a Japanese sushi restaurant, and they have this AMAZING sweet potatoe sushi. I think I'm very excited for you !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet potato sushi??? Sounds interesting! Maybe we could go there for dinner and then hit up the gardens. I'm glad you reiterated that you don't need to like flowers... because I really am not into flowers lol.

      Delete
  5. I think I have only gone Christmas caroling once, when I was in middle school. The holidays are such a fun time of year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love caroling. I don't go much but I thanks to my pal who organizes, I have been going these past couple years.

      Delete
  6. Today's the big day around here - time to finally take down the Halloween stuff and put up the Christmas stuff! Hey, in my defense, they are stored in the same boxes, so why spend all the time to get to boxes out twice!! Yes, going to be a productive day... after Instagram, blog reading, Facebook...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you had fun decorating! I will do it tomorrow.

      Delete
  7. Oh, I don't sing. I hope to see some Christmas activities in Winter Park once I get to Colorado. I don't ski, but they have festivities I can still attend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet Christmas in Winter Park is AWESOME! I am picturing the little towns we have been to during the time we spend in CO in the summers. I bet Estes Park in the summer is cute! Or THE STANLEY probably decorates all pretty.

      Delete
  8. I've never been Christmas caroling. I don't think that's a thing here. But I do love Christmas events and it sounds like you have some great plans! I still need to take my Fall decorations away and put up Christmas. I guess I will do that on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if caroling is a thing around here but we do it anyway. Some people don't even come to their doors!

      Delete
  9. Sounds like you have amazing events coming up! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw thank you Karen :)

    I don't do our work party. It's not that I don't like the people I work with... I just don't know!?

    ReplyDelete