A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Monday, November 21, 2016

Weekend Wrap Up!


Happy Monday! 

This week I have one day with kids, one in-service day, and then Thanksgiving Break! Woohoo! That sure makes facing Monday easier. 

Here's what we were up to this weekend...


Friday started with a 6 mile run. It was cold out but I am still hanging on to my shorts!


Work was so busy! "Mrs. Cooney! Mrs. Cooney! Mrs. Cooney!" Kids are so needy. That's a joke. It was a good day. I was sweaty by the end but still smiling.


When I got home, I had the house all to myself. Paul went to Harpers Ferry for the day with his parents so I got to watch Dr. Phil and blog with zero interruptions. I drank sangria and ate mozzarella cheese.


My day started early so I could help my SIL take her kiddos to swim lessons. Tyler was not able to help out due to his vasectomy the day before. He described the pain as "a prolonged flu shot in my ball sack".

Swim lessons were fun! Ellie went first. She doesn't need help in the water. Clementine played while she waited for her turn.







Then it was Clementine's turn. I went in the water with her so Debby could watch Ellie and Clark. Clementine did an awesome job! At first she clung to me tightly, but by the end of the half hour, she would stretch her arms out in front of her while she laid on her belly and she put her mouth under water. No blowing bubbles though. When the instructor showed her how to do that, Clementine gave the instructor a look that clearly said, "Yeah, right."



Later that afternoon, Paul and I headed over to the Conewago Trail. It was beautiful out, so there was no reason not to get out there and enjoy the beauty of autumn in PA. He walked 5 miles while I ran 10 miles.




Paul walks freaking FAST! I can run faster than him but he can walk faster than me.


My running sunglasses broke and I never bought a new pair. That's why you always see me in my fancy sunglasses while I'm running. It's ridiculous, I know!

On the way home, I realized my back left hand turn signal didn't work. How did I realize this? Because someone blew their horn at me for like 10 seconds straight! Thanks, guy! We had errands to run anyway, so we picked up a bulb and got it installed at Jiffy Lube. To install bulbs in Chevy Cobalts, you have to take out the whole light. Instead of making Paul spend two hours doing it, we spent $7 and had Jiffy Lube do it!


I putzed around for awhile in the morning and then had an epic gym session at Planet Fitness! Now that I don't watch the news anymore, I have all the time in the world!

85lb bench press w/ Smith machine!

30lb chest press with dumbbells!

Game face!

After my workout, I went to Karn's and ended up getting something very strange... a sweet bologna and American cheese sandwich on a white hamburger bun. It was so good! I ate it as I walked to my car. It was so cold and it started to flurry! What the heck? It was in the 60s yesterday!


Paul was watching football all afternoon, so when I got home, I blogged. Then I had the tough decision of what puzzle to do first...


My kitties are living the dream...




I made jam coffee cake. It is one of my favorite Christmas treats! I know it doesn't look good, but it is good. I swear.

This is why I'm not a food blogger!

Aw, Jell-Jell!


For dinner I had Chicken Noodle Nachos... which is just tortilla chips topped with my homemade chicken noodle soup with melted cheese on top. It was so good! Paul thought so too!


Maybe I should be a food blogger???


Since I normally go to bed before Paul, he brings me water and gives me a kiss. Well tonight he brought me a HUGE glass! 24 oz! I'm gonna be so freaking hydrated for my run tomorrow morning...

Did you take swim lessons growing up? Did your kids?
Tell me something fun you did this weekend?
Was your weather crazy too?
Would you try chicken noodle nachos???

27 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend! We are having crazy weather--80 degrees last Wednesday, snow Thursday and Saturday morning run was 15 degrees. I am so not ready for this. Those chicken noodle nachos look great. What made you think to create that? Loving it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHOA! Those are some serious weather swings! Do you ever wake up, get dressed, open the front door and realized you need to change outfits? Or are you pretty used to checking the weather before you get dressed?

      Delete
    2. What made me think of it? Cab sav. :)

      Delete
  2. Looks like a fun weekend! That trail looks great for running and walking. I think I took swim lessons when I was younger but I don't really remember.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it amazing how much time you have when you don't watch TV?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No TV is a great idea! I am there...except I watched the AMAs last night. My bad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at Chrissy and Jelly! I would constantly be hugging them and telling them that they are little babies!

    Paul must walk 12 minute miles if he can walk faster than you?! Whoa! That's so sweet that he brings you a water to bed :).

    Clementine looks so super happy in the pool. I'm glad lessons went off without a hitch! My mom started taking me to tadpole classes when I was just about one and she said I loved them. I'm not surprised since to this day I still love being in the water (just not the ocean because who knows what you could end up stepping on)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh believe me, I kiss them all the time. They know how special they are. ;) Paul walks like 13:30-15:00 minute miles. WTF??? I tried to keep up. I can't.

      Yes the older I get, the ocean freaks me out. I'm scared of sharks.

      Delete
    2. I love pics of cats standing up! It's like omg, why are you so cute standing on four legs?????? I guess I find this fascinating because they spend so much time in the laying down position!

      Delete
  6. I remember swim lessons when I was a kid and I hated them!!!

    I can't believe the change in weather this weekend. It was absolutely gorgeous here on Saturday and then Sunday this unbelievable wind came out of no where!

    Have a great holiday week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wind is horrible. I didn't even run this morning and I'm honestly surprised my Christmas decorations did not get blown out of my yard.

      Delete
  7. Your food looks good to me. It looks real and not like something someone made just to take a picture of for their blog (also I'm not convinced some of those people actually EAT everything pictured...). You lift super heavy! I'm gonna be lucky to do chest press with 30lbs total much less 30lbs in each hand, yikes! Looks like a great weekend though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me a long time to get up to 30lb. Like... 3-4 years!

      Yes, I definitely did not make that food for pictures. I ate so much of that jam coffee cake last night! :)

      Delete
  8. Clementine is so cute!! I've never had swimming lessons, but it's something that is in my life goals list.

    What's on top of your jam coffee cake?

    The nacho chicken noodles look good, did the cheese melt?

    I went to see Doctor Strange this weekend, I just love Benedict Cumberbatch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On top of the jam coffee cake is icing I made with milk, vanilla, and powdered sugar. I put red food dye in it. :) I should have put the cheese in longer to melt on top of the nacho chicken noodles! I never heard of Dr. Strange! We don't go to the movies a lot.

      Delete
  9. Your sandwich. Sounds like something I make when I need to go grocery shopping...I got a kick out of that!
    Paul is a FAST walker!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't quite put my finger on it, but this post is probably one of my favourites of yours ever. There's just something about the way you write, where I can actually hear your voice. You're so funny, and you're able to be funny without cracking a smile or a laugh (on snapchat) so when I read your writing, I can picture you doing it with a straight face. "I drank sangria and ate mozzarella cheese" was hilarious to me for some reason. And your brother sounds funny too: "A prolonged flu shot in my ballsack." Ha! Yowch. I love the pic of you and the baby, and I love the name Ellie. If we ever had another baby and it was a girl, that's the name!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you liked my post so much! :) When people tell me I'm funny, I take it as the highest compliment! Especially when it's coming from someone who *I* think is funny too! I will keep snapping you as long as you're not sick of me.

      Delete
  11. Yes on crazy weather. I had my AC on Friday morning, then switched over to heat because the temp was going to drop during the night. Now I'm not sure whether to keep the heat on or not.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I did watch some of Shelly but I had to turn it off because I felt bad for her. I don't know why he had to exploit her so much. I mean, I know we have to talk about mental illness, but I feel like he really exploited her and he could have just done it better.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha omg that vasectomy comment killed me! Thank you for that. I've been feeling lately like I want to give up TV. When I come home from the gym at night I end up mindlessly parking myself in front of it for hours until bedtime. I dk what I'm even watching. I feel like not only is it a time suck but it's making me dumber. And I could be doing much more productive things with my time. Like accomplishing some personal goals I keep putting off. Let's see if I can do it like you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stopped watching TV because I can't stand to see DT on TV and it is really hard for me to watch coverage of the president elect. It just makes me sick. :(

      Delete