A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Weekend Wrap Up!


Hey All! I hope you had a long Thanksgiving weekend! I am recapping Friday-Monday here on my blog. Check out what we were up to!


I slept in and spent the late morning catching up on Survivor with one of my favorite baby boys!


Then I went for a 6 miler which felt really good.


A had an appointment with my podiatrist later on. Don't worry, my feet are fine! I just felt a weird pain in my big toes when I would curl them. It didn't hurt running or walking. Turns out, it was flexor hallicus longus pain, which will probably just go away on it's own. The podiatrist didn't recommend and treatment, just to be careful what shoes I wear day to day. I'll take it!


That evening, we were supposed to go to Paul's 15 year high school, but he decided he didn't want to go. Instead, we went to Moo Duck Brewery in Elizabethtown with Bob and Rachel.


It was a  cozy place. There were no children, which was important to me. One thing I don't like about breweries is that there are often tons of kids there. They also had Nissley wine, which is important to me because I don't like beer!





Something sort of scary/exciting happened on our way to the brewery... I'll tell you about it in a couple days!

I was up so late because I just couldn't sleep. I feel asleep sometime after 3am!


My morning was spent blogging. I really needed to spend some time catching up on posts!

Then I dusted the house. Before I went for my run, I told Paul, "I envision you vacuuming while I am gone." He said, "Well you don't need to envision it, because that is what I will be doing." WHAT A GUY!



The reason we cleaned was so I could decorate for Christmas! I got a lot done. I didn't get everything out but I did about 80% of it! I'm going to vlog about it soon.






I went to bed pretty early due to only getting six hours of sleep the night before.


My morning was soooooo lazy. I lounged around forever and did some minor household stuff. 

Here is my baby! Doesn't he look like a little lion?


That afternoon I did a 9 miler around Pinchot Lake with Ana @ Mother, Hike, Run, Repeat. It was so good to be out on the trail. The weather was perfect. Ana and I had great conversation and I always learn a lot from her when we chat or when I read her blog. Which you should do, because she writes hilarious race recaps!


Funny story... we were about halfway around the lake when we saw my in-laws on a hike! They said they heard my voice before they saw me. That makes sense! I do have a voice that pierces through trees...

After I dropped Ana off, I could not resist popping into a weird little store called Tuesday Morning. I got Christmas tea towels (sort of needed them) and Christmas fuzzy socks (needed them in the only way one needs Christmas fuzzy socks).



I was soooooo hungry so when I stopped at Karns for milk and bananas, I also got a turkey & cheese sandwich on a PRETZEL ROLL. It was so freaking good! 


I also got some sour patch kid candy canes to try out. I'm not a fan of candy canes but I do like sour patch kids.


And I got TWO boxes of Little Debby Christmas trees. I never get Little Debbys! This is proof that you should not go grocery shopping when you are RUNGRY!!!


The rest of the day was spent relaxing and doing puzzles!

Ummmmm.... no wonder I am craving sweets!?

My puzzle buddy!


After laying in bed and reading GOMI for about 2.5 hours, I just had to get up and eat a Little Debby Christmas tree... so that's what I did. Then I went right back to bed.

I have problems.

MONDAY!

My last day of break. Boohoo. I caught up on blogs in the morning and then I went for a 6 miler. My run felt great. I wanted to keep going but I already ran a lot of miles over the weekend so I opted to stop.


Then I dropped Paul off at the gym. While he was there, I went to TJ Maxx to putz. I got my niece a Christmas present so it wasn't a complete waste of time.

I also got this Yankee Candle. It smells divine. Yankee Candles are imperative when you have a cat who pees in random corners. You know, to show us who is boss.


When I got home, I did a lot of blogging (it is so time consuming to post every day!), wrapped Christmas presents, and watched CNN. I am back to watching CNN now. My heart is able to take it.

For dinner I had a turkey sandwich with Auntie Eileen's homemade cranberry sauce. It is THE BEST!


Now some pics of my kitties...

Let's play a game called Where Is Jelly's Head???

My baby!

OMG I LOVE HIM!!!!
Do you ever get out of bed to eat something?

What's the craziest thing you bought when you were RUNGRY?

What is your favorite candle?

19 comments:

  1. HOLD UP! You saw a podiatrist and they didn't try to sell you anything? No orthotics or shoe inserts? That's impressive! BTW, I have that hallus flexor pain, but mine is due to arthritis...ugh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only ever went to one podiatry practice and I either see my normal dr. or his wife and neither of them have ever tried to sell me ANYTHING! So do your big toes hurt curling them or pulling them back? My left hurts curling and right pulling back. I am a special snowflake...

      Delete
  2. Once I went to the grocery store after a long run and it was all just a blur until I got to the counter and my bill was $170. That NEVER happens because Adam and I grocery shop separately (weird I know, but Adam basically just eats these giant protein shakes he makes and nothing else). My bill is usually like $60/week so I almost fell over when I saw the total. It turns out I bought everything in the store.

    I'm still obsessed with the Peach Prosecco soy candles from Target but I have a few christmas ones that I need to start burning before I run out of time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never calculated how much we spend on groceries a week, but I know it is not $170! You must have been SO RUNGRY! I hope you got stuff that would last you more than a week... like Little Debbys. ;)

      Delete
  3. I try to avoid the grocery store when I am really hungry! Right now we have a Christmas candle that I am loving. I'm glad your podiatrist said everything was fine with your feet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh what does your Christmas candle smell like? anything pine or balsam makes me think of Christmas. I don't even know what Balsam is. I will have to google that.

      Delete
  4. I LOVE YOUR STOCKING! Ha ha ha! So great. Your kitties are so cute and cozy. I always get up in the middle of the night to get a drink (either milk or juice) and if there are cookies nearby, I will always have one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love my stocking too. It makes me happy to look at.

      Delete
  5. I'd go to a brewery instead of my high school reunion too. Mine's had the last two reunions the day after Thanksgiving, and I don't live anywhere near my town. I'm not traveling just for that, especially since my parents don't live there either anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would probably go to the reunion *but* my class was pretty small and I would surely know people there. Paul looked at the people going and realized he wouldn't know anyone!

      Delete
  6. Don't go grocery shopping when depressed either... I bought some coffee flavored wine the other day, haha. But Christmas tree cakes are pretty good in a guilty pleasure kind of way. Glad you went to the podiatrist to get the feet checked out and were proactive instead of reactive.

    I love the Christmas tree scented candles. We need to decorate... the boxes are downstairs, I just have to do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coffee flavored wine!? Omg you must have been really depressed!

      I am about 80% decorated. The tree candles are so good!

      Delete
  7. I can't wait for your Christmas vlog!! You know I have never had a little Debbie?
    I love how much you love your cats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You never had a Little Debby??? Oh well, they're junk but in a yummy sort of way. :)

      I am excited for the Christmas vlog too. I gotta get on that!

      Delete
  8. OMG, your kitties look so fuzzy!! That must be a luxurious treat to hug them :) We knocked out our Christmas decorating in almost one day. That was a relief.
    We also bought a box of the white Christmas tree Little Debbies. Oh my yumminess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS a luxurious treat to hug them! I love to smell them too. :) I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who really loves the Little Debby Christmas Trees!

      Delete
  9. Yes! I made the Weekend wrap!! and I love the weekend wrap! I should be famous any minute now!

    I love that you put your Hillary buttons on your stocking! I'm going to share mine with my son, he will love it!! I got so sad the other day, on election day on my planner, he wrote "Hillary, Hillary, Hillary- First Woman president day" on the November 8th spot. It brought tears to my eyes.


    craziest thing I bought while rungry? a Wegmans Tiramisu, and ate a chunk of it in the car.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA well I am sorry to tell you not that many people read my blog so I am not sure how famous you will be! ;) Maybe my SIL will recognize you at races now because I know she reads! ;)

      Omg that would have brought tears to my eyes too. I am so afraid of DT that I have barely been sad for Hillary yet. I'm to WORRIED.

      Delete
  10. I know why they take kids. Because you can't take them to bars. So take them to a brewery. But then other adults have to deal with kids! Luckily this brewery did not have kids. There was one kid that looked like 12 years old, but that's not a kid.

    Are you still a vegetarian?

    ReplyDelete