A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Saturday, November 5, 2016

Weekly Workouts!



Hey! It's the weekend! I'm so happy.
Not sure what I have planned workout wise. I'm not training for anything so I just do whatever I want these days. Here's what I did last week...

Saturday- 13.1 miles. This was actually a pretty cruddy run. I parked at Messiah College and ran some back roads. The route was hilly. I felt heavy. But I did it!



Sunday- Lifting back @ Planet Fitness. It was dead!!! A guy came up to me to ask if I played sports. I said no, I'm a runner. He said, "Oh, I thought you played sports because you go hard." This guy then got out a golf club to practice his golf swing... at the mirror by the dumbbells. Not that I'm looking to be talked to by guys at the gym, but I swear to you the only guys that talk to me are WEIRDOS!!!!

Monday- Lifting chest @ home. I still did not feel recovered from my cruddy run on Saturday, so I figured I may as well lift. I was sore later.

Tuesday- 6 miles in my hood. Nothing notable to report here! I felt a little sluggish, that is all.

I didn't start my Garmin until about .67 miles in... it was searching for satellites.

Wednesday- 5.9 miles in my hood. The .9 was... you guessed it, to even out my 13.1 from Saturday! I felt great for this run! Light and lithe. 



I took Paul to Planet Fitness after work so I figured I may as well do a light upper body workout while I was there. It was either that or sit in the car and read...

Chest Press- 5x10x25lb
Band Asst. Pull Ups- 5x6
Shoulder Press- 5x8x22.5lb
Bicep Curls- 5x10x15lb
Tricep Push Down- 5x10x30lb
Bicycle Crunches- 5x40
Stability Ball Knee Tuck- 5x15
Capt. Chair- 5x20

Thursday- 6 morning miles. I caught up on all of my election podcasts. I don't know why... all it does is STRESS ME OUT!




Friday- 6 morning miles. I RAN THE EXACT SAME PACE AS THE DAY BEFORE! WTF?? So yes, I'm recycling the picture, because it is 11:23pm, and I'm too tired to upload the pic from my phone.


How were your workouts this week?

11 comments:

  1. Why would you sit in the car and read at Planet Fitness, when you could go in and sit in the Massage Chair and read, haha? Or lift- you made the right call. But that reminds me I need to hit up those massage chairs. Looks like a great week of workouts and I also try to event up my mileage to end on an even number even if it means running an extra .1 or something!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never tried one of those massage chairs! I picture them being sticky and smelly from people's sweat. Kind of like the couches. Does your PF have faux leather couches near the front desk?

      Delete
    2. Nope. Ours has weird chairs that are shaped like hands. The massage chairs *look* clean at my planet...

      Delete
  2. See, that's why I don't listen to podcasts on the run. Too much thinking. Only a couple more days and all this nonsense will be over. I'm nervous tho. Hoping people come to their senses and do the right thing. GO HARD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too, Wendy! Normally I listen to my Survivor podcasts which require minimal thinking hahaha.

      Delete
  3. Nice workouts last week! 3 days of weights....YASSSS GIRL! My workouts were great and varied which I love. Wanted to run 4 days but kept it at 3 for another week until my ankle has earned back my trust :) Fall is the best running weather, don't you think? I will be very happy when the election is over and I hope we all do the right thing, but truth be told, I am nervous. I mean...."what if?!" UGH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fall is definitely the best for running. :) I hope your ankle is holding up well. I just ran 4 days in a row so today I am trying to tell myself to REST, and that tomorrow will be a better running day. I am nervous too.... Come on CO and PA need to do their part and hold up the BLUE WALL Clinton has going!

      Delete
  4. Tony the Tiger voice: grrrrreat week! :)

    I'm ready for the election to be over too. I'm still excited about the prospect of our first female president. I haven't become jaded over the historical aspect of that. In fact, I think a Hillary win is even more impressive coming against a candidate like Trump since he has made it abundantly obvious that women are NOT treated equally (or individually ... I mean how often do we have to hear about what Bill did) even in 2016. Another more polished Republican candidate may not have shined light on this fact as much.

    However, I am so done with talking with other people about why they like/dislike a candidate. When you wrote your Central Park post earlier this week it reminded me that we've been talking about this for a year now because I sent you a pic from in front of Trump Tower in December of last year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I *want* to be excited about the first female president. But instead of letting myself get excited about that, I have been preparing myself for devastation. My mom on the other hand is supper confident. She is sooooo excited because she has FAITH in women.

      Some people say Trump is the only republican Hillary could beat... and judging by the hatred I see toward her, I am inclined to believe that. But I definitely agree that her beating him IS impressive because he is not only the ANTITHESIS of America, but he is the ANTITHESIS of a strong, qualified WOMAN candidate.

      Omg I can't believe you took a pic outside Trump Tower. Sadly, Paul and I stayed at the Taj Mahal in Atlantic City about 3 yrs ago... before he was ever even on the scene. As someone who has never watched The Apprentice, I had NO preconceived notions at all about DT before he ran for president.

      Delete
  5. It's nice to have weeks where you dont' have a training plan. Looks like you still covered a ton of miles. Have a great rest of your weekend

    ReplyDelete