A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Thursday, November 3, 2016

Central Park Run!

On Thursday morning, I got to run in Central Park! I ran in Central Park a couple years ago and was happy to have the opportunity to do it again!

It did require getting up in the darkness of the morning... but it was worth it. I'll sleep when I'm dead!

Our hotel was only a couple blocks from the park, so I walked to the park for a warm up and then started running.

Of course, even though it was only 6:15 and still dark out, the park was full of runners and cyclists. It was very safe. I tried to do a huge loop around the park, sticking to West Drive, Center Drive and East Drive.

I looped the park before I hit my goal of 8 miles, so I ran partway around the reservoir. By then, it was getting light out.





I was tired and didn't feel wonderful from the three glasses of wine I had the night before, but I was thankful to be running in such an iconic place!

Ya gotta LIVE LIFE people!
Tell me about some of the iconic places you have run! Okay just off the top of my head I can tell you I have run in Central Park, along the rim of the Grand Canyon, down Lombard Street in San Francisco... hmmm that's all I can think of right now!

20 comments:

  1. Even though I am not a morning runner I had to carpe diem and run in central park in the morning too. Like you said, it's such an iconic place and it was awesome to be out there with so many other people.

    I ran down 5th ave to central park from my hotel and was worried because not a lot of people were out, but when I got to the park I realized it was just because they all got up wayyy earlier than me and were already there running! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny! What time was it that you went? I left my hotel a little after six. I guess you stayed on the Upper East Side? I have never been over there. We always stay on the Upper West Side.

      Delete
  2. I haven't taken advantage yet of running while on an actual vacation. A racecation sure, but not any where iconic outside of Disney.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to run in Central Park! Looks amazing and I love that you said there were a lot of people out even before dark (normally, not the case when I am out there).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pics and am glad you got to run while you were there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhhhhh!!! SO NEAT! I don't think I can really say that I've ever ran anywhere iconic like you have! That makes me sad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cool!! I'm glad to hear that you felt safe. When I was in Chicago I didn't know what to expect, or even Boston for that matter. Both ended up being safe. I would be freaking out because I would be thinking about the shows/movies I have seen that have been filmed there. Looks like an awesome place to run!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first time I ran at the reservoir, all I could think about was Sex and the City. The filmed a couple scenes there!

      Delete
  7. That sound so awesome! Now I want to put this on my list of things to do! How did you know what route to take? Did you research it before?

    It's not very iconic, but the most memorable place I can think of is running Kelly Drive in Philly and Broad street. and wish we would have done the Rocky steps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I had run there before, so I knew there would be lots of people on the main roads that circle the park and I could pretty much just follow the flow of runners and cyclists.

      I think Broad Street is iconic! Did you do the Broad Street run?

      Delete
  8. Central Park is where I cut my long distance running teeth! You have now been in a place that is absolutely sacred to me :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to run there someday! I don't think I have really run anywhere iconic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am SO jealous. Running in Central Park intimidates me but it's one of my running bucket-list items!

    ReplyDelete