A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

2015 Highlights!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Goodbye, 2015! In some ways, this wasn't a productive year for me, but in other ways it was. Here are some of the highlights. 

I'm not saying that everything listed is EARTH SHATTERING (It wasn't a very Earth shattering year!) but these are the things that happened that stick out to me.

In February, Paul had his second brain surgery at Johns Hopkins to remove a portion of a brain tumor and get new pathology results. We felt like we had a new lease on life when the results came back to find that he still had a low grade tumor. If you have to a have a brain tumor, you want to it to be low grade!




April provided me with a pull up PR- 6 unassisted pull ups!!!



In June, I got a second opinion on my knee, and was told I have the "knees of a 20 year old". I was glad to have a definitive answer once and for all, but just thinking about the horrible advice/surgery I got from my first doctor at OIP makes me SO ANGRY!




About a week after school let out for the summer, we embarked on a twelve day road trip that took us all over the Southwest and California. It was QUITE the adventure, and it gave us memories that will last a lifetime.


One of the best running related memories from the trip was running up and down the Manitou Incline. It was one of the hardest things I ever did in my life!







Also during the summer, I discovered I have a love of puzzles...




... and fishing/reading dates with Paul! It just shows you're never too old to find a new hobby!






In July, I attended my first Pride festival! Seriously, it's about time!




In August, we spent a weekend in Cape May with friends. We had never been there but we loved it!




Then I started teaching Paul to play the piano.



At the end of October, Paul started an intense 6 weeks of radiation and chemo. He finished during the second week of December. He is tough as SHIT!




Paul and I saw Jerry Seinfeld perform at the Hershey Theater in November. He was HILARIOUS! Also in November, we saw The Book of Mormon. Paul hates musicals, but I knew he would love TBOM. I was right! 




My mom and I saw Joy Behar perform at The Whitaker Center!



In December, I traveled to Florida ALONE and met two of my blogging idols- Ali and Kristina. We all ran Best Damn Race. I didn't have my "best race" but I still got 1st in my age group!




I know a lot of these year in review posts end with a yearly mileage for 2015. I have not tracked my mileage for several years now. I suppose I could go back and add up all my runs from my Weekly Workout Recap posts, but I really don't feel like it!!! Too bad Meg Go Run doesn't have an intern to do it!


Tell me something BIG (or small!) that happened for you in 2015!
Did you discover any new hobbies?
Visit anywhere new?

25 comments:

  1. Well, we moved so that was something big that happened...I would like to take up guitar in 2016 as a new hobby...
    Happy New year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moving is huge! Do you play any string instruments now? I hesitate to say I play the ukulele. I play 4 chords on the uke. I am not sure that counts!

      Delete
  2. I can't believe how much you went through this year! I remember all that knee stuff and it feels like it was so long ago now. So glad Paul is doing well too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does feel very long ago! And to think I spent much of last winter walking.

      Delete
  3. An amazing year for you and Paul! You both inspire me as you continue to shine through the ups and downs of life. 2015 was a great year. My biggest event was travelling solo to Tulum, Mexico to participate in a yoga retreat for a week. I had the most amazing time and met some very dear friends. I also go much more into weight training and now have a lifting partner for one of my sessions each week! I look forward to all that 2016 has to bring you and your entire community, Megan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Traveling alone to Mexico must have been so new and exciting! Did you know anyone before you got there or did you just meet new people there?

      Delete
    2. To be fair, I have flown into Cancun about 6 times in the last 3 years so it wasn't SO scary. But it was exciting for sure. I knew Kim the instructor but didn't hook up w/ her until I got to the resort. I met two very dear friends on the shuttle from the airport to the resort and they are from CO so that was amazing!

      Delete
    3. Oh wow that is so cool! What a small world. :)

      Delete
  4. LOL I don't track my yearly mileage either...is it weird that I just don't care?

    You had a crazy 2015, but it was also jam packed with fun and memories! Here's hoping 2016 is even better and brings you many PRs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hanna! I think it was a fun year too. Nothing HUGE (except the vacation!) but we did a good job of keeping things interesting.

      Delete
  5. I think my favorite post this year was your vacation post from out west. I remember reading them every night before I went to bed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you I am glad you liked them! I am actually thinking about rereading them now.

      Delete
  6. You've had a full and adventurous year! Nice to know someone else isn't so into mileage tracking. I couldn't tell you what I ran and I don't care. Haha! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a full year! It's cool to look back and see everything that happened. I should probably do that too. I'm glad I started my blog last year so I have it all documented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is VERY cool to have everything documented! Can't wait to read a wrap up of your year if you decide to do it. :)

      Delete
  8. It seems the general consensus in blog land this year is that 2015 was...fine. I think it sounds like you had a productive year, and a good one to leave behind as 2016 comes up!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow I have to go back over my year, I don't remember anything lol.

    The surgery was huge and I agree that guy is tough as s&#%.

    The manitou incline, I remember that, yikes....but I so badly want to try it lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you would love the incline. Thanks to my blog, I have documentation of things I would not have otherwise remembered!

      Delete
  10. Wow, you've had a great year! Paul IS tough as S**t! My aunt who used to live with me had to undergo radiation treatment for a while and it was so hard to watch. :( I'm so happy you guys are done with the last treatment and hopefully all is well. :) I've really enjoyed MGR 2015. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are the only one that calls me MGR and I love it, but I always forgot to make it a "thing"! MAybe 2016 should be the MGR Year! :)

      I am sorry you had to watch your aunt go through radiation. :( It is just sucky all around and the sad part is how many people have to go through it!

      Delete
  11. I saw Jerry Seinfeld about 30 years ago before he was famous! He was a "new" comedian and he was hilarious! Who knew?

    Congrats to your hubs on ringing that bell. Best news of the year, really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best news for sure :) You told me you saw Jerry a long time ago. He has been so great for so long- really stands the test of time.

      Delete
  12. I am so glad you saw it!! I didn't know you saw BOM.

    ReplyDelete