A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Sunday, December 20, 2015

Things runners are allowed to complain about.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


We all know runners like to complain! If there is a runner in your life that you love and care about, these are the things you must allow them to complain about!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...1. Not doing as well in a race as they would have liked. Races are important to us and you must let us vent. Offer words of encouragement!

2. Weather. Too hot. Too cold. Too much wind. Rain. Snow. Ice. We are allowed to bitch about every single type of weather!

3. The Taper. When we taper, it messes with our brains. We get delusional. You must allow us to do this, and if you need to just avoid us that week, that works too!

4. Injuries. An injury is a death blow to a runner. If you love a runner, you are required to listen to them complain about their injury for as long as they desire to complain about it.

5. When their favorite running shoe is discontinued and/or changed to the point where it is not at all like the old style. I wish companies would warn us when they are about to do this so we could stock up on our favorite shoes a la Elaine and the sponge!



What do you complain the most about?
Did I miss something?
Is there anything runners complain about that annoys you?

14 comments:

  1. Yes! And I feel like going along with the injury one, you need to agree with everything they say. (Never try to tell them that they did something to cause the injury:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg, right or wrong, I get sooo defensive if someone tells me I did something to cause injury because I work so hard to NOT get injured. :)

      Delete
  2. I will always complain about the weather in the winter. More specifically snow and ice that keeps our streets covered so I can't safely run out there. We got out first big storm on Tuesday and I think I have mentioned how much I hate winter at least 275x.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure when we get our first snowfall, I will be all like, "Oh it's so beautiful," and then by the second or third, I will be OVER it. Hey guess what, it is supposed to be 60 degrees here on Christmas Eve! I am PISSED! It is not going to feel like Christmas at all.

      Delete
    2. That is why I love our spring snow storms. They are big and beautiful and then the sun comes out and we are in shorts the next day. Dec, Jan, Feb = no thank you. I would take 60 degree weather gladly!!

      Delete
  3. I definitely complain about the weather the most. I feel like every single night when I get home from my run this conversation happens...

    Adam: Hey baby, how did your run go?
    Me: It's so f'ing hot out. I need water.

    Adam's like, if running makes you so grumpy why do you do it? BUT IT DOESN'T! The weather makes me grumpy, the running makes me happy. I guess that would be something to add to the list - when nonrunners incorrectly interpret a statement about training ;) Fellow runners would never incorrectly interpret a weather complaint! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I love that you compared running shoes to Elaine's sponge stockpile!

    I agree with all of these. I try not to complain but I think other runners know these things are valid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try not to complain a whole lot too. I admit to being over the top with #5 though because I HAAAAAATE when they change shoes!

      Delete
  5. I love this list. I think I need to share it with a few people! I'd like to add that we are allowed to complain that we are tired ( or is that just me?). If I go for a 15 mile run, i'm pretty sure that's the only thing I'm going to accomplish that day.
    Oh and 60 on Christmas eve, are you serious? I am loving this weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, when I do a long run that is all I do that day too! :)

      Delete
  6. Omg I always get my workout clothes at discount places! Marshalls is a great spot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The taper is a big one for me. It just never feels right to taper. Haha! I actually complain about being hungry when I am training for a race. I am ALWAYS hungry and can't seem to eat enough food. I also complain about runners who don't acknowledge or respect other runners. Aren't we all in it together?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we are in it together! Luckily most runners I know are really supportive of each other. I'm glad we are part of an online community that is positive and cheers others on. :)

      Delete