A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Sunday, December 6, 2015

What I do after every run... and taper update. (VLOG!)



I mentioned in my Fitness Bucket List that I am proud of myself for stretching after every run. I ran for years without stretching at all. Oh, I knew everything when I was in my 20s- haha! 

I have come to enjoy my 15-20 minute stretching sessions. If I'm lucky, Jelly will even come and visit me. I pass the time by watching the Today Show or something trashy on my DVR. Ellen is always good too. My little stretching session is just the right amount of relaxing for me.

The stretches I do are probably the same ones many runners do. Cat-camel, pigeon pose, bend over touch your toes, calf stretch, and couch stretch. Watch my VLOG for more info!

Oh, I also show you the deets on my weird foot pain and other taper niggles...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

The video abruptly stops... but I was basically just going to finish by saying my run was much better than my long run on Monday so I am in a better mood and have higher hopes for my IT band going forward! It did ache a little bit the rest of the day so I foam rolled and stretched a ton!
Any idea what the foot thing is?
What's your stretching routine?

6 comments:

  1. I don't know what that foot thing could be. Probably nothing serious since it doesn't hurt to run/walk but when you say it feels like it's "tearing"...that would make me run to the doctor! You are so good about your stretching! That is awesome. I don't really stretch except a tiny bit w/ my yoga. My PTs told me I was over stretching and it was causing me all kinds of issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't stretch nearly as much after a run as I should. Thanks for showing me those moves. I have done the pigeon pose but never heard of the cat/camel. I hope that foot doesn't bother you too much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure about the foot thing, but I'd do some stretching and massage! I loosen my up on the heating pad in the morning while I drink my coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes I get weird pain in my feet and I feel like it just works itself out if I don't push myself too hard. But I am a big fan of ice on my feet. I feel like you and I would have very good run chats in real life. I was so intent on your video and listening to everything you said. I won't point I even laughed out loud I can't even remember why right now lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol thanks for watching the whole video! I know we would have great run chats. :)

      Delete
  5. Huh, that is odd about your foot. I do get those things when I taper though - plain old odd stuff. I also feel encouraged to make 2016 my year of stretching because I can't get anywhere near my toes when I stretch like that! ugh. My stretching after runs only is Figure 4 glute stretch, and I do that religiously!

    ReplyDelete