A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Monday, December 7, 2015

Weekend Wrap Up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Happy Monday, Blogland! Are Mondays ever really happy?
I am really struggling to get back into the day to day grind of teaching. I thought Thanksgiving Break would have revived my spirit, but it hasn't!
I made the most of a relaxing weekend, so hopefully this week will be better. I will have ZERO time to relax NEXT weekend because I am going to freaking Florida!!!


I ran 5 miles at the butt crack of dawn. I was slow and I just wasn't feeling it. Bah, humbug!

My weekend started a little early since I took the afternoon off work to take Paul to Maryland for his treatment. I love spending time with him during the trip. We laugh and listen to podcasts. He only has one week left! Five more treatments! He is so ready to be done.

That evening, we went to Emily and Jake's house for games! We don't get to see them that often since our schedules rarely align, so this game night was literally months in the making! We had a blast!



They are cat people too.

We didn't get home too late, but we stated up super late... I was up until almost 2:00am...


... Which means I slept until 11:00am on Saturday morning! It felt great. I had two goals for the day. My first goal was to have a good run. My second goal was to do NOTHING for the rest of the day. Let me tell you, I accomplished both missions.

I ended up doing 7 miles. I did a Vlog that updates you on my taper niggles, but the short story is I don't think I am falling apart, I just need to keep my shit together for a couple more days.



Oh, here is the weird lunch I had after my run. Grilled cheese and a turkey sausage. It was good!

Paul went to his parent's house and then a concert that evening (yes, the radiation/chemo patient is going to concerts!!!), which means I had the whole afternoon to do whatever the hell I wanted! Not like I can't do whatever I want when Paul is home or anything... It just feels like I have a "free" day. Do you get what I 
mean?

I mostly worked on a puzzle, wrapped a couple presents, and watched While You Were Sleeping- one of my favorite Christmas movies- on Netflix.



Jelly chilled with me the whole time!


When I woke up Sunday morning, it looked as if it had snowed! I had to let my eyes adjust for a couple minutes to realize it was just foggy and frosty.


The rest of the day was pretty much spent lifting, preparing food for the week, doing wash and even some pre-packing for Florida!

I'll leave you with a couple Chrissy pics!!!


How was your weekend?

24 comments:

  1. My weekend was great, thanks. Just a lot of packing--we are pretty much living out of boxes now...3 days.
    I am glad to hear Paul is so active. Hang in there, both of you!!
    (Oh yeah, I had to snicker at the size of the glass of wine--you pour like I do!! ;) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Threeeee days! So exciting!

      That was not my only glass that night either.;)

      Delete
  2. Yay for the end of treatment being near! We had the foggy stuff here too. Still foggy this morning. Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was foggy here this morning as well and it was so beautiful on my run.

      Delete
  3. Awwww lots of kitty pics in this post! I need to catch up on your blogs/vlogs TODAY. I got so behind on life this weekend!

    I can't wait for next weekend! Super excited! You are going to do so well at the race! I really hope some cold weather comes through for you, and for the rest of us as well! Right now weather.com is predicting a high of 81 which means it'll probably be in the mid-70s at the start? Not too bad... bring shorts! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ali tells me it should be 68 at the start. I hope it doesn't warm up too fast. I am wearing the least amount of clothes possible. :)

      Delete
    2. 68? Really??? Wow, I would have guessed a lot warmer. I guess over here we don't get the drop at night like the Cape Coral area does. I am excited now!

      Delete
    3. That's what she says! I hope it is right. :)Oh can I just tell you that this whole time I have been saying "coral" like "chorale" in my head and only this weekend realized I was saying it in my head wrong???

      Delete
    4. Hahaha that's awesome! See you in Cape Chorale soon. I finally booked my hotel room today lol

      Delete
  4. I am so happy to hear the treatments will be over soon! What a great early Christmas present. You both are so strong and amazing--you inspire for sure.

    Love the pics of Chrissy! He's a natural.

    We had a nice weekend. Saw Creed on Saturday and yesterday I spent my day at a yoga workshop. Bliss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I bet you are all relaxed and rejuvenated now!

      Delete
  5. He did NOT pee yet! I would say you lost but you were the only one who guessed so it looks like you will win by default. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like the perfect weekend to me! I love that Paul goes to concerts while he's going through treatment. Glad he only has a few treatments left. Blahhhh. I'm also glad that your niggles are going away and that your race is almost here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh me too! I can't wait to NOT be training for anything!

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a great weekend! I am so excited for your race!! You 3 better take lots of pictures and have a blast! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have to love those resting weekends. You have to be rested and rejuvenated now for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I said the same thing about the frost and fog yesterday! Its crazy how cold it feels in the mornings now, even though during the day its still pretty warm.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Omg Chrissy is awesome and now I want grilled cheese. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always forget about grilled cheese but whenever I have it, it's soo good!

      Delete
  11. Sounds really nice! I'm glad Paul is almost done with his treatment! Whenever their is fog in LA I think to myself that it's the closest I'll get to Christmas weather. lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol that is funny! Not the same kind of fog but take what you can get!

      Delete