A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Saturday, December 5, 2015

Weekly Workout Recap!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...




Hey all! I hope you are enjoying the weekend. 
Here is my training log, and some more info on the taper pains I have been feeling.

If you are wondering why some paragraphs are highlighted and some aren't, I don't have the answer for you. I don't understand Blogspot...

Saturday- 7 neighborhood miles. I wasn't feeling great so I cut it short. Then I lifted chest at home.


Chest Press- 5x10x25lb
Bicycle Crunches- 4x20
Shoulder Press- 5x10x20lb
Push Ups- 5x10

Sunday- Back at home. It took forever because in between sets I cleaned the entire house! 

Band Asst. Pull Ups (Wide Grip)- 5x6
Bicycle Crunches- 4x40
Dumbbell Row- 5x10x25lb
Band Asst. Pull Ups- (Neutral Grip)- 5x6
Bicep Curl- 3x15x15lb
Plank w/ Knee Tuck- 3x25
Plank w/ Row- 3x10x10lb
Stability Ball Pull Ins- 3x15

Monday- 10 Miles on the Conewago Rail Trail. I ran my "la la la" pace, which that day was about 8:20-8:30 for most of the run. The last two miles were a little faster because I was excited to be done. I felt my IT band and a weird pain on the outside of my heel. It felt like a plantar fasciitis strain but it was not on the bottom of my heel but the side. WTF?


Tuesday- 5 neighborhood miles. I felt the IT band during my run again. ARGH. Is this a THING now? Also, the weird "side of my heel" strain. Sigh. I am falling apart. Two running rest days are set.

Wednesday- I lifted back at home by accident. It was supposed to be chest. Oops! Chest tomorrow!


Band Asst. Pull Ups (Neutral Grip)- 5x8
Bicycle Crunches- 4x40
Dumbbell Row- 5x10x25lb
Bicep Curl- 3x15x20lb <--- progress!
Band Asst. Pull Ups- (Neutral Grip)- 5x4
Plank w/ Row- 3x10x10lb
Stability Ball Pull Ins- 4x15

Thursday- Today I got it right- chest at home. Why have I been so hungry these past two days!? Seriously, I have been eating like CRAZY. I guess this isn't the first time I have been ravenous after lifting...


Chest press- 4x20x20lb
Bicycle crunches- 4x40
Shoulder press- 4x10x20lb
Plank w/ knee tuck- 4x20
Push ups- 4x10
Chest press (neutral grip)- 4x15x15lb
Stability ball pull ins- 4x15
Tricep dips- 4x15
Planks- 4x45sec

Friday- 5 neighborhood miles to test out the 'ol IT band and side of the foot. I was relieved to actually be able to run... even though I have been in sort of a running funk, I missed my morning running rituals. I felt slow. I was slow. My legs felt heavy. I did not feel light and springy. I did not feel like I'm supposed to PR in the half next week. But the side of my foot didn't hurt at all during the run but it did her when I bent over and flexed my foot. I literally feel little bits of tissue tearing! My left leg felt wonky. Not just the IT band, but kind of just weird and creaky all over. I was even feeling crotch pains. Girls, do you get crotch pains when you run? 

To make a long story even longer, I did 5 miles and was no worse for wear. If things don't go downhill the rest of the day (update: just a little soreness in the IT band, nothing huge), I am going to do 5 tomorrow, and if I feel good, push it to 8 and continue with Taper Plan A that I shared with you. Although, if I feel good at 5, maybe I should leave well enough alone and not push it to 8. What are those extra 3 miles going to do for me at this point?



Taper Plan A:

Sat- 5-8 miles???
Sun- Lift back
Mon- 5 easy
Tues- Lift chest
Wed- 5 easy
Thurs- Lift back/chest
Fri- Rest
Sat- Rest
Sun- Race! 13.1
Girls: Do you get crotch pain when you run?
Does lifting make you more hungry than running?

10 comments:

  1. Hi Meg! I have noticed when I do long, "faster" distance my adductors get tight. It also happens more in the colder weather because I tend to "tense" up my lower body during my cool down walks to stay warm. I stop at home to pick up the pups and a winter jacket, I probably need to throw on some sweats over my tights. As far as your ankle problems, I would try running on the wrong side of the road. I know around here, the camber of the road becomes more pronounced in the Fall (even more so in the Spring) with the freezing/thawing of the road. Also, maybe time to switch out sneakers?
    I don't really lift, so I don't notice a difference in the hunger, except watching all the holiday baking shows like I do, does NOT help. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all that info, Cheryl! I may try the other side of the road today. At least it is bright out so no one will hit me! :)

      Delete
  2. Good morning! I am hoping you got a great run in today and that your IT band and ankle are cooperating w/ you. Is the ankle on the left side, too, like the IT band? Wonder if they are related.

    As far as being hungrier on weight days it's hard to say because I usually am lifting on my swim days and the pool makes me very hungry. But truth be told, I am kind of a "hungry all the time" gal anyway.

    Have an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hungry all the time too but lifting days I tend to be a bottomless pit!

      No the foot thing is on the OTHER side. So weird. I am vlogging tomorrow and will show exactly where my problem is. :)

      I am procrastinating about running right now but will go out soon. It looks like a shorts w/ long sleeves and gloves kind of day out there. The sun is BRIGHT.

      Delete
    2. Looking forward to the vlog but even more looking forward to a good run update! I hope it went OK!

      Delete
  3. I think if you copy/paste from a word doc into the blog, it highlights stuff sometimes. It's weird! I've experienced that!

    I don't think I've ever gotten crotch pain during a run unless I was on my period.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my when I copy paste from a word doc so many strange things happen that it doesn't even seem worth it.

      No crotch pain today! It seems like I only get it on my really early morning runs. Maybe my crotch needs some time to wake up haha. Crotch is such a gross word but it is not my groin, it's my straight up CROTCH.

      Delete
    2. ....that makes me laugh, Megan!

      Delete
  4. Hope those aches are nothing serious!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh don't worry I am resting this week! I ran 5 today and will run 5 Wed. That is it until race day!

    Thanks for the motivation! I am going to try to think of everything I can to keep chugging on Sun!

    ReplyDelete