This past weekend, we got to spend a wonderful couple days in Cape May with our friends Cheetah and Maggie. Maggie invited us to spend a few nights with her and her family at a house that overlooks the bay. It was a wonderful beach trip with wonderful people!
Here are some things we most enjoyed about our time in New Jersey... in no particular order!
Maggie and Cheetah
Maggie and Cheetah
Paul and Cheetah. Yes, Cheetah is very tall and I like to tell him he is tall.
Meggie and Maggie
I want her haircut.
2. Meeting Maggie's family! They were so kind and welcoming to us even though they never met us before. They are the type of people that welcome you with open arms and we were very grateful they allowed us to be part of their vacation.
3. Falling asleep and waking up in a king sized bed... with a wall to wall view of the bay... listening to the waves crash on the shore. We never had such posh accommodations before!
The view from our bedroom balcony.
4. We had the perfect beach day on Sunday. The waves and water were such that you only needed to go just beyond the first break of waves and you could tread water and float around. The water was deep but you were only about four feet from where the water was knee deep. Very safe.
5. We got to ride the Cape May-Lewes ferry! The ferry makes trips from Cape May, NJ to Lewes, DE. It is about 90 minutes each way. We rode the ferry to Lewes, spent the day at the beach, and then road the ferry back to Cape May! We got to experience it in daylight and at night. On the evening ride back, Maggie and I enjoyed a scotch on deck and we all looked at the stars. I was wonderful to spend time with such awesome people. Oh, and we sang, "I'M ON A BOAT!"
6. On both mornings, we had salmon for breakfast! Saturday morning was lox and bagels. It was the first time having it. My verdict: "WOW". Paul and I decided we are going to take out a loan so we can have lox every morning for breakfast. Then on Sunday morning, we went out for breakfast and I had eggs with salmon scrambled in it!
7. I have never been to Cape May, so it was fun to experience it for the first time! All the victorian architecture is so cute. It was definitely my kind of beach town. The crazy days in Ocean City Maryland are officially over for this old lady.
8. Even though we hit crazy traffic going through Philly on the way home, Paul and I just talked each other's ear off the entire trip back. We didn't listen to any music or pod casts. It was just good ol' fashioned Paul and Megan time. I love him so much.
It was so comforting to know our kitties were well taken care of by the BEST CAT SITTER! If you live near me and need someone to watch your fur babies, I have just the person to refer you to!
By the way, we tend to over pack for vacations.
This is what we need for 48 hours at the beach, apparently.
We definitely want to go back to Cape May again! We squeezed a lot into 48 hours but there is more we would like to do. Now we are home, unpacked, and had some major cuddle time with the kitties. Like I always say, I love vacation, but it is good to be home!
Have you ever been to Cape May or one of the Delaware beaches?
Do you like bagels and lox?
What is your favorite beach to visit and one you would like to visit?