A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Friday, December 4, 2015

Christmas EXPLODED in our house! (plus VLOG!!!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You may or may not be wondering what someone's house looks like during the holiday season when they love Christmas so much that they named their cat Christmas. Today I will share what our house looks like now that it is finally completely decorated for the holiday season!

I have a lot of Christmas decorations but I haven't bought any in years. Most of the items I accumulated over the first couple years we lived in our house. I also have a lot of hand me down decorations from my mom. The style is just a mish mash of whatever and I love it.

Many of my Hallmark ornaments were gifts from my parents growing up. I love my Hallmark ornaments, and they were smart to know that when we grew up and moved out, we would enjoy having ornaments of our own.

Okay, enough talking, more pictures! That's what you're here for, right!?

Here is a quick VLOG where I go through what we have to do each night to "Chrissy Proof" the decorations!



All the stockings are hung by the staircase with care...

Our kitties have their own stockings even though we don't fill them.
The "B" is for our late, great, Basey Girl! This will be our third Christmas without her but we still hang her stocking.

We got our first ornament from Sutliff Chevrolet.
I bought a car from them six years ago but they still haven't forgotten about me...







Chrissy is tired from "helping"...

I normally set out place settings but both cats have really been enjoying laying on the beautiful table cloth and place mats that I don't want to cramp their style.

Can't forget the kitchen...




I even decorated Chrissy's "Side Window Area" where he likes to sit on the bread box and Burrito hunt. Burrito is the neighbor's cat.


Christmas spirits!


Who else decorates their bathroom?
Hey, I spend enough time in there!



I even decorate my shower curtain with little ornaments. Too much?


Sorry, I took this picture when I had all of my wrapping stuff out.



An example of not being able to let the greenery hang down and frame the window. I can only let it go across the top or I will find fake pine needles in Chrissy's poop.


We will leave this here until Chrissy pees on it.


I hung these all by myself, except Paul stood at the bottom of the ladder to catch me if I fall!


This is my favorite ornament and it has been ever since I was little.



My piano students are always amazed at how many decorations I can shove on my piano.


I love the smell of the Yankee Candle holiday scents!


Paul moves the "Ho Ho Ho" sign when he watches TV. Bah Humbug!


There's nothing that makes a room cozier than a kitty napping on the couch.


I may go a little over the top at Christmas time, but I just have so many happy childhood memories of Christmas, so when I hear music or see lights and decorations, it makes me feel so happy!
Do you need to "cat proof" or "dog proof" your house?
How many days until Chrissy pees on the rug? Winner gets the rug!

17 comments:

  1. Your house looks amazing! Nice job. I am a minimalist w/ holiday decorations. A huge tree, 2 nativity scenes in different areas of my house, holiday pillows on the couch and outdoor lights. Macy stays away from it all. She is not allowed in kitchen or on the couch and she sort of looks at the tree in wonder but then moves on to either eat or take a nap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Macy is such a good little girl. :) I wish we had more lights outside. The ones pictured won't turn on anymore! They worked for like 2 days and now I can't figure out what went wrong.

      Delete
  2. I love your house!! I think I have to steal the ornaments on the shower curtain idea--my kids will flip out. I have a lot of Christmas decorations too. I have 9 Christmas trees--none of which I bought. When people find out you love Christmas, they just give it to you! Next week we will be in the process of moving--I think a Christmas tree will be one of the first things up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES people give me stuff too because they know I love Christmas! Yes, do the shower curtain thing, it is so festive. I got my shower curtain ones in an after Christmas sale for like 90% off! Do your kids love decorations?

      Delete
  3. OMG he is hilarious! Way to catch him in the act!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha ha! You are simply THE BEST. I love Christmas's pic mid-yawn. I'm a sucker for those. I love how happy you get at Christmastime! And no, nothing is "too much" if it makes you happy. This post actually really inspired me to get more into Christmas because your energy is contagious. I needed that, Meg. xo Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I inspired you! But only do it if it makes you happy. :) I know decorating can be stressful if it is just something on someone's to do list, but if it is something you enjoy, it's not work.So can we expect a Woozy Wednesday post where you are drinking and decorating???

      Delete
  5. Your decorations look beautiful and you have a beautiful home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 8 days??? Uh oh Karen I think that means he is going to pee on it real soon because I have had all the decorations up for almost a week now!

    Thank you, we love our house. It is a small rancher but we don't need a lot of space because it is just the two of us and it will only ever be the two of us. The more space, the more cleaning anyway...

    For some reason the table cloth does collect hair but you can only see it if you are looking close. Otherwise I don't notice it at all. Soon I will just flip it over to the other side- AHAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I put our trees up but have not got all the other decorations up yet. I've notice I put up less and less every year because it's less I have to put away in January..lol

    Your decorations look great and I love your spirit for Christmas! I don't have to doggy proof our home although we do have artificial trees so we don't have to clean up pine needles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The day I put decorations away is a HUGE pain in the ass. That is the downside going all hog wild like I do. :)

      Delete
  8. I love all your decorations!! True story: due to construction in our house, we aren't even putting up a tree this year. Usually we'd have it and some lights up by now, but neither of us feels like it's worth the clutter with the kitchen a mess! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understanding. I have been tidying up a lot more than normal now that the decorations are up because xmas decorations plus clutter is NOT good.

      Delete