A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Thursday, December 17, 2015

Can I tell you how awesome Paul is?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Paul has a brain tumor. It has severely affected the quality of his life. There are so many things he used to be able to do that he can't do anymore since it would be a huge risk for him to have a grand mal seizure.

He has petite mal seizures most days. He has had 2 brain surgeries. He went to "seizure camp" for six days, where he laid in a bed, hooked up to machines (THE ENTIRE TIME, NO SHOWERS) so they could try to track/locate where in his brain the seizures originate.

He's on a crap ton of meds.

He just did 6 weeks of radiation and chemo. Monday-Friday. Every day. An hour and ten minutes BOTH WAYS to get to his doctor.

Do you want to know how often he complains about any of this?

Like, hardly ever.

I am serious. He never complains. He has an awesome outlook. He is a better person than I could ever be or ever hope to be.

If you know Paul, you know how wonderful he is. If you don't know Paul, I wish you did, because he is the absolute KINDEST, most WONDERFUL person I know. He's also really freaking funny. I'm not saying this because I married him. I'm saying it because it is true.

I am so lucky I get to be his wife. I always tell him I pity all the other girls in the world that don't get to be married to him.


Paul ringing the bell at his last day of treatments!

I'm not saying all this to suck up to him. He doesn't even read my blog (his one and only flaw!) so he will most likely never see this. But it doesn't matter. He knows how I feel already, I just wanted to share it with the world!

33 comments:

  1. What a wonderful guy! He is such a trooper and so are you because I well know all this is not easy. I wish you guys all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is a tough cookie! Glad you have each other! He's a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul IS amazing! And you are equally amazing. You have a most beautiful love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww so sweet! :) Sounds like quite the catch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man he sure is! I am so lucky he decided to message me! He "found" me on Myspace!

      Delete
  5. LOL - quite the flaw that he doesn't read your blog! But seriously, if he did he would see how lucky you are to have each other (of course he already knows that!). What a great outlook he has. I would probably be a complainer. That is great! Hope his recent treatment helped him out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be a complainer too!!!!! We find out in about a month or so if the treatments helped.

      Delete
  6. Thanks Karen! I have to get mushy on here once in awhile :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, you know I already knew all this, just by picking up on it by reading your posts. You and he both have this incredible attitude, strength and humour. You two make humanity look good. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! Honestly I'm a HUGE baby with a common cold, quite a guy there. I think the two of you are very blessed to have each other. Thanks for sharing today!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I am sick right now and I have complained more in the past 3 days than he has in the past 3 years!

      Delete
  9. He IS freaking awesome! But honestly Megan, so are YOU. You guys are both so positive, strong, and happy in spite of all of the struggles. A perfect match!! 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's not reason to wallow or you just waste time being sad. :)

      Delete
  10. I wish I knew Paul, he sounds like an awesome person and the rest of the world could learn a lot from him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you knew him too. He is so fun and funny. :)

      Delete
  11. what a wonderful post - restores my faith in marriage and humanity. What a guy you have! Bless you both! Kristen : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, this was great. And he sounds awesome! When I hear about people like that it makes me want to be a better person. I complain about the silliest things and sometimes I need a reminder that it could be alot worse. So glad he is done with treatments because that sounds really rough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We often talk about how we are SO LUCKY even though it is a sucky situation, there is so much to be thankful for- EXCELLENT doctors and good health insurance, a house and a warm bed. Just last night we were talking about how even though it sucks, we are way luckier than most people.

      Delete
  13. I hope I get to meet Paul someday! (That's not creepy since we've actually met now, right?) He sounds like such a strong and positive person!!

    Did Paul have the brain tumor as a kid, or when you first met? Or is it a newer development?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love if you met him! :) He most likely had the tumor as a child but we didn't discover it until 3 years ago when he out of the blue had a grand mal seizure one night while we were sleeping. It was terrifying. I called 911 and they took him to the ER. Cat scan showed a huge brain tumor. It was so surreal. He has since had 2 de-bulking surgeries so luckily he hasn't had a grand mal in almost a year!

      Delete
  14. Awww this post is just as sweet and lovely as you said it would be. You two seem like such a perfect match. Looking forward to hopefully meeting him someday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to meet him too! :) We are definitely perfect for each other as he is soooo much more chill and relaxed than I am. We balance each other out.

      Delete
  15. Seriously, this brought a tear to my eye. Whenever I complain about my "little" problems, I need to remember there are people out there fighting much harder than I am for a bigger purpose. Paul sounds incredible. I wish I DID know him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh girl we complain about little problems too, it is human. And the truth is, people are way worse off than Paul, and we remind ourselves of that! I wish you knew him too, you would love him!

      Delete