A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Friday, December 26, 2014

What I got Paul for Christmas

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


I will do a nice write up about our Christmas tomorrow, but today, I have to show you what I got Paul for Christmas!

Obviously it is kind of for me, too.

Let me start off by saying that we weren't going to get each other presents this year. My plan was to get him something small. But then, something I had ordered almost a year ago finally came through, so I had to give it to him for Christmas!

This is a photograph of Christmas:




This is a charcoal drawing my friend Jen created using the photograph:



The reflections you see are from my shoddy photography skills.
Believe me, this drawing is crystal clear!


The resemblance is amazing, isn't it!?

Jen put so much time into this piece, and I have to thank her from the bottom of my heart! I am simply amazed at people who can draw pictures that are so lifelike. I have so much respect for their talent!

This is something we will treasure for the rest of our lives!






THANK YOU SO MUCH, JEN!

Did you and your S.O. do presents this year? What did you get them?

13 comments:

  1. Awww that's really sweet! :) Such a great gift! The likeness is really amazing, your friend is very talented!

    This year Adam and I got each other Duke! Adam also got me a fancy suite at the hotel we're staying at for the Miami Half in January (omg)! He said, "you better PR because this room was expensive" LOL The pressure!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to hear/see more about Duke! Perfect present. And Duke gets you guys. :)

      I think you are going to PR fancy suite or not, but if you do PR, you can tell him you ALWAYS need a fancy suite before your races. :)

      Delete
  2. Whoa that's an amazing drawing of Christmas! I like how he's posing so distinguished looking :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great way to describe it! Sometimes he looks like a little baby and then sometimes he looks like an old, distinguished cat!

      Delete
  3. Ooh that is a great gift!!! I think tracking stats is a guy thing! My dad just started running and got a Garmin and loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen is quite the artist. That looks exactly like the photograph. Amazing!! My husband and I did presents this year and splurged a little. I got him a new fly fishing rod and reel, and we mutually decided to book a trip to Isla Holbox, Mexico (although he was the one that surprised me with this). It was a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That will be such a fun trip! :) We are saving for another trip to Colorado this summer. Hopefully flying there, spending a few days, then road tripping it to CA :)

      Delete
  5. This is adorable!! Is Jelly jealous that Christmas's likeness is now a work of art??

    I got Matt a Go Pro. He is SO excited to use it paddling and convinced me it would be a great way to take photos of my running, too, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, if Jen isn't sick of drawing my cats, maybe she will do Jelly for next year. :) If not, I will have to think of something special for him. :)

      What an awesome gift for Matt... and it looks like for you too! :)

      Delete
  6. I love that picture! Some of my favorite gifts have been photographs, paintings, or sketches of my dogs! Yes, scott and I always buy presents for each other!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you love your dogs just like I love my cats! You certainly can't go wrong with a framed photograph of a fur baby! :)

      Delete
  7. Awww, what a special gift for Paul  (and you)! Your friends has crazy good sketching skills! Is this a hobby for her? I'm thinking she could turn it into something bigger...if she wanted to do so.

    Yes, my beau and I exchange gifts ( including alternative gifts that give hope to others).

    I gave him an Alpaca sweater (Alpaca wool from Peru) since one of our goals is to climb Machu Picchu and a Go Pro for all of his traveling, hunting and fishing adventures. He was happy to receive both gifts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is currently a hobby but she has a businessy thing in the works... possibly... She is VERY talented so I have no doubt she could do something bigger than just drawing Christmas. :)

      I heard a lot of people got a Go Pro for Christmas... Since I am in the fitness industry, I feel like I should know what it is but I don't! Better research. :) I am always behind the times on technology. This is nothing new.

      Delete