A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Saturday, December 13, 2014

12 Days of Exercises Workout!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
I have new workout coming at you... just in time for Christmas!


Perform the exercises in the style of the song "The 12 Days of Christmas".
As always, R + L = 1

For example:

1 inchworm push up
then
2 squat jumps, 1 inchworm push up
then
3 T stabilizations, 2 squat jumps, 1 inchworm push up...
etc...
Until the last time, where you start with the 12 lunge knee ups 
and count all the way down to 1 inchworm push up.


GET IT!?

The video below demonstrates each move along with some modifications to the moves.




If you do the workout entirely, you will end up doing...


42 bicycle crunches
42 glute kicks
40 jumping jacks
36 V-ups
36 burpees
30 squat kicks
30 T stabilization
22 plank knees
22 squat jumps
12 lunge knee ups
12 inchworm push ups


Paul was making fun of my workout and singing "On the 12th day of Christmas my true love gave to me, 700 burpeeeees!" 

I know 36 burpees is a lot, but it doesn't feel like 36 when you are only doing 4 at a time!

Try it out and let me know what you think! I did it, and though it took over twice as long as the Snow Workout, the intensity was a little lower as the harder exercises are more spread out. But dang, those squat kicks just get me every time!

10 comments:

  1. OMG I made it up to 7 glute kicks and had to sit down and type this comment to take a little break!! The 3 Ts after the 4 burpees each time is a KILLER!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol. Thank goodness for the fiiiiiiiiiiiiive second break! I am glad you are trying it. Maybe it should have been 4 squats, 3 Ts, then TWO burpees.

      Delete
    2. The squat kicks is where I started to feel it. They kick my ass.

      Delete
  2. I love/hate these kinds of workouts. They're SO easy to do at home and really kick your butt, but holy crap are they tough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! At least I have a 5 second break in there. Or 10 second, whatevs!

      Delete
    2. Just found your blog a few weeks ago and really enjoy it ;) can't wait to try these moves. I run too much and don't do enough strength training, and am on a mission to change that! Have a feeling this will be a tough workout for me...

      Delete
    3. That's okay, it's supposed to be challenging :) Just take breaks, or make modifications if you need to. The main thing it it should be a challenge for YOU and of course a lot of fun :) Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  3. Definitely going to try this - looks awesome!!
    I tried to pin it but couldn't because no image pops up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have pinterest... I am behind the times!

      Delete
  4. This is a truly great and effective workout, Megan! How many times a week do you recommend doing it?

    ReplyDelete