Thank you to Amanda @ Running With Spoons for this Thinking Out Loud link up!
Yesterday morning, I woke up at 2:40 and could not fall back asleep. I tried my hardest. Jelly even helped by curling up at my feet. But I was wide awake. Finally, around 3:55, I got out of bed. That gave me over an hour and a half to chill out before I had to go for my run. Here are the random thoughts that went through my brain early Wednesday morning...
1. "Wow, with all this extra time, I could run some errands before work! The grocery store will surely be calm and serene at seven in the morning." (It was!)
2. "I can run an extra mile or two if I am feeling good!" (I did feel good so I did 5 instead of 6. And I also listened to an awesome podcast about leprosy colonies. Did you know there was a leprosy colony on the Hawaiian Island Moloka'i? It is now a national park!)
3. "Yay, I will have time to watch the segment from the Today Show I recorded yesterday. The segment about the guy who purposefully got eaten alive by and anaconda and lived to tell the tail." (Now I can't wait to see the actual documentary about it!)
4. "Oops, I forgot to grab some important paperwork I need for a client this afternoon. It's a good thing I remembered and have time to look for it!"
5. "I wonder how I am going to make it through today without falling asleep in the middle of my classroom?" (Spoiler alert: I made it!)
My big problem used to be falling asleep. Now it looks like my problem is going to be staying asleep. Let's hope I make it to the weekend without any more bouts of insomnia!
Do you have more problem falling asleep or staying asleep?