A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Monday, November 4, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up!

This edition of Weekend Wrap Up is going to be super-sized because we actually did something on Thursday evening! Dang, we're getting more wild and crazy by the day...


On Thursday I went out for a 5 mile run. My knee, hamstring, and groin (sorry that is such a gross word) felt GREAT. If you remember, I've been having knee problems and took a few weeks off running. Then I started back up and my hamstrings were really tight (since I didn't really easy back in...). No sooner did my hamstrings chill out did my groin SUDDENLY start hurting on a run. But all felt good this morning and I got in 5 quick miles!

I worked during the day, of course. Normally I have several piano lessons after school on a Thursday, but since it was trick-or-treat night, all my lessons canceled. You mean my kids would rather TRICK-OR-TREAT than come to PIANO LESSONS!!?? Just kidding.

Right after work I got my eyebrows waxed. They needed it so bad. I went to Holiday Hair at the Capitol City Mall. That's where I usually go because I never have to wait, and I never had a bad waxing experience... until this day. The woman that waxed my eyebrows was terrible!!! They turned out fine, but the process was so painful! When she ripped the hair off, she didn't pull my skin taut. Pulling the skin to make it more tight tends to make the ripping process hurt less. In fact, usually my eyes don't water at all, but on this occasion, they were flooded with tears. Not only that, but the woman needed to learn some manners. She'd be bent down in my face doing my waxing and then suddenly start talking really loud to her coworker. Right in my face. Every time it happened, it scared me. I'll go back to Holiday Hair, but if I see that lady, I will definitely be asking for someone else!

One of Paul's best friends was getting married on Friday and he was in the wedding party, so we attended the rehearsal dinner or Thursday evening. The cool part was that it was a COSTUME rehearsal dinner! (It was on Halloween, after all!)


Our friends dressed as Minions.

The groom (on the left) and his groomsmen... Elvis, Nerd,
Star Trek, and a Minion.

Mmmm... no dinner is complete without one of these!
I also had the biggest piece of salmon I ever saw in my life!
I forgot to take a picture. I'm a baaaaad blogger!


Normally I lift on Friday mornings, but I really did not feel like going to the gym. I REALLY wanted to run. And I have a lot of weights at home, so I figured I could get in a decent upper body workout in my living room. I ended up running five miles and then lifting weights while I watched Sex and the City.

Lifting was fine, but towards the end of my run, my groin started to hurt again. AUGH. I guess it is my own fault for not easing back into things. I am now steadfast in my commitment to take 5 days off running, and then EASE into. Like 2-3 miles, NOT FIVE.

My run was also super scary. It was reeeeeally windy. I got scared a couple times from trash flying by. Plus there are a lot of trees in my neighborhood, so it just made things spooky. I got done just in time, because about five minutes after I got inside, it started POURING!!!

Chrissy was scared of all the wind!

I thought the kids would be CRAZY at school that day but they were actually pretty calm. Strange. But it was a nice surprise! I was preparing for a day of chaos!

I got home from work at 4:00 and the wedding started at 5:30pm. And it was on the Carlisle Pike. I didn't have much time to dye my hair (I needed to cover some grays), shower, and get dressed up. Somehow I managed to do it and get to the venue in time without any hair dying disasters!

We had a ton of fun at the wedding!

Bob/Rob and Rachel

Mr. & Mrs. Cheetah

Me and my clean shaven man!

Freddy (The Groom!) and Paul

Please tell me you think this is hilarious as I think it is!

I was so exhausted when we got home. It was a fall into bed kind of night!


I wasn't feeling to great Saturday morning. It was one of those mornings where I just wanted to lay around and do nothing. I made myself do some HIIT in my front yard. I was glad I did it, but it made me even more tired!

This is what I did...

Repeat 2xs

Then I did a Deck of Cards workout...

Diamonds = Bicycles
Clubs = Mountain Climbers
Spades = Jump Squats
Hearts = Burpees
Aces & Jokers = 175 jump rope rotations

I really wanted to take a nap after all of this! Alas, I could not. I had to whip up some of my famous pumpkin cookies to take to Girl's Night. Every few months, my friends Andrea, Karen, and I (all music teachers!) get together for dinner, drinks, and great conversations. It was Andrea's turn to host that evening, which meant making the trip DEEP into Perry County. 

The drive was GORGEOUS. Especially with all the colorful leaves on the trees. I was starving by the time I got there! Dinner was divine... chicken and spinach lasagna, salad, asparagus, and of course, a pumpkin cookie for dessert!

I made it home by 9:15pm and Paul and I got to spend some time together watching American Horror Story and Survivor.

Which we of course enjoyed with some pumpkin cookies!

I fell asleep on the couch around midnight. Paul woke me up around 12:30 and asked if I wanted him to carry me to bed. (He was being all cute.) I said, "No you can't because of the bacon." He's like, "What!?" I struggled to find the right words. "My bacon.. no I mean... my groin." 

I say the nuttiest things when I'm half asleep!!!


Sunday morning started much like Saturday morning. I failed to mention that on the weekends, the cats are VERY impatient for their breakfast. They've been doing really well with their diet, and don't bother us at night as long as we save some calories for them to eat right before Paul goes to bed around midnight or one. And they do well in the morning as long as I feed them the second I get up- anywhere between 5-6am.

But on the weekends, they're like... AW HELL NO!!!

Jelly got frantic at 5:46am. He meowed and scratched the closet door. We locked the kitties out of the bedroom, but then he just started scratching the bedroom door instead. Then he put his paw underneath t the door, grabs it, (there's like an inch between the bottom of the door and the floor) and starts pulling on the door. It's LOUD. He can be an evil little thing when he wants to be!

Can you believe such an innocent looking creature can cause so much destruction?

Once again, I didn't feel like working out, but forced myself to do a short HIIT session in the front yard. I refueled with a protein shake and egg sandwich. I think being so tired means I should take a rest day soon.

The rest of the day was spent surfing the net, studying, doing lessons plans, and watching Homeland and Freaks and Geeks with Paul when he decided to take a football break. It was one of those Sundays I didn't even have to get out of my pajamas... which is a PERFECT Sunday, in my book!

Did you do anything fun this weekend??

No comments:

Post a Comment