A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Friday, October 25, 2013

The Best Pumpkin Cookies You Will Ever Eat!!! (Updated- can be Gluten Free!!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Note: This recipe can be made w/ Gluten Free flour and still tastes divine. It was tested, and approved, by a fabulous baker I know! (aka, a friend who is really good at baking and likes sweets just as much as I do!!!)

The following is a recipe for the Best Pumpkin Cookies You Will Ever Eat. I do not know where I got this recipe. If you think I got it from you, let me know, and I will give you all the credit you deserve. Because these cookies are the SHIT!

They are soooooooooooooo soft.

And soooooooooooooooo moist.

I hate the word moist, but I will use to to describe these cookies.

I'm not a baker or a cook. I like easy recipes. I am used to dessert from a box. (The ones you add 1/3 c. of water to, maybe an egg, and call it a day.) I don't like 50 billion steps. I don't like lots of ingredients. There are actual ingredients I even stay away from because I either don't know what they are or they sound like a bitch to manage. (Shortening and heavy whipping cream etc...)

This recipe is the opposite kind of recipe I like. There are several steps. You have to melt butter. You have to get out your mixer. There is icing involved. And while they aren't scary, the recipe does have a ton of ingredients. But dragging all of these items out of your pantry is WORTH it!

Ingredients:

2.5 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon (I always add more)
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. salt
1.5 c. sugar
1/2 c. softened butter
1 c. pumpkin puree
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla

ps. This makes A LOT of cookies. I've halved the recipe and it's plenty!




Besides the pumpkin puree, I have the rest of the ingredients on hand
since they're pretty much staples.




Yummmmm pumpkin puree!!!




Bowl #1. Dry ingredients minus the sugar.


Bowl #2. Melted butter.



Bowl #3. Wet ingredients plus sugar.
I always use a whole can of pumpkin puree rather than measure out a cup.
The cookies just taste more pumpkin-y this way!


Are you counting? I had to use 3 bowls so far.
That's 2 bowls too many.
It's worth it. Trust me.


Mix up the wet! (Bowl #2 + Bowl #3)



Then gradually mix in the dry ingredients from Bowl #1 into the wet ingredients.



Grease a baking sheet and plop those pumpkin puppies on!
They will cook at 350 for 10-15 minutes.
Get them out when they are still soft! 


While they're cooking, you can make the icing...


I hope you have a lot of powdered sugar!


Icing:

Whisk together powdered sugar, milk, and 1 tsp vanilla.
I don't have exact measurements for you.
But just know, you don't need much milk at ALL.
If you overdo the milk (and you'll know because it's really runny), just
add in more powdered sugar to even things out.


I don't have any fancy kitchen items, but I did want to show off
my Pampered Chef whisk I got at my bridal shower. 
Your icing should be as thick as... chocolate syrup?
Not too thick- still runny.

'

Pour the icing on the first layer of cookies.



Keep adding layers of cookies and layers of icing!
The cool part is the icing pools at the bottom so when you finally eat the cookies
at the bottom of the bowl, they are SUPER sugary and moist due to the excess icing!



And there ya go! These are the best pumpkin cookies you will ever eat!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment