A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Saturday, May 11, 2019

Weekly Workouts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Long time, no Weekly Workouts!

Don't worry, I've been doing a lot of running and a little lifting. Here's a detailed look at my week!


Saturday- 6 miles at Detweiler Park. I don't run here often, but since I was headed to my parent's house and it's on the way, I figured I'd stop in for a run. It was absolutely gorgeous. Everything was green and the smells were intoxicating. I didn't even listen to a podcast on my run. I just wanted to be in the moment.




Sunday- 6 mile walk with Debby and 6 mile neighborhood run... all in the RAIN! Debby and I jibber jabbered the whole walk. The rain didn't matter too much because it was warm, but after the walk my hip flexors were so sore! Why can I run 15+ miles and my hips are fine, but a 6 mile walk kills them!? I wasn't sure whether or not I would run later in the day... but who am I kidding, I had to get a run in!

Monday- 7 miles on the AT. I had a personal day so I got out on the trail around 10am. It was absolutely gorgeous! I parked at Trindle and did an out and back going North. I got to run through my favorite part of the AT. This section of the trail is one I've been doing a lot this year. I'm so glad I get to experience it in all different seasons!



It's not a trail run without a little blood and a little mud!

Tuesday- Lifting @ Planet Fitness. I was due! I did my usual... chest press, push ups, cable row, inverted row, bicep curls, and then a bunch of core work.



Wednesday- 8 neighborhood miles. My legs felt so tired! No clue why. It was a git 'er done type of run. I averaged in the 8:30s and it didn't feel easy.

Thursday- Rest. And that's all I have to say about that!

Friday- 8 neighborhood miles. I wasn't sure how I would feel after such a clunky run on Wednesday, but I ran an "easy" pace and ended up with this. I felt good the whole time too, which was a relief!

How were your workouts this week?

8 comments:

  1. Nice workouts! I am glad you get some lifting in there, too! My workouts were good. Never got to the pool but 3 runs, 3 bike rides and a rest day. Lots of walks with Annie and 4 days of lifting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to lift more! I've just been obsessed with running.

      Delete
    2. Do you ever get bored w/ just running? I only ask because if I didn't have so many sports I would get so bored. I love the variety!

      Delete
    3. Not really. I really love running!

      Delete
  2. We have a Detweiler park in our town too (except it's a golf club). How odd is that? Another odd thing - when I go walk for a few miles I think it's hard to bend down at untie my shoes. I feel more stiff than I do after a run. I did weights once this week and was sore. I need to do it twice so it doesn't make me so sore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I get very stiff walking too! I pretty much feel like an old lady when I'm done.

      Delete
  3. I'm sometimes the same with walking! Like, all of a sudden my hip flares up from that but running can be fine?! Grr.

    ReplyDelete