A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Monday, May 6, 2019

Let's try something crazy!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
I'm going to try something crazy this week! I'm going to post EVERY DAY... Monday-Friday. Hell, maybe I'll even log my workouts and put up a Saturday post!?

Why so chipper, you ask? Well I have a personal day today. Yes, on this rainy Monday, I have OFF! But you probably already know this because I may have mentioned my upcoming personal day to every single person I know for the past month.

Even though it's dreary now, the sun is going to come out later. I'm trying to decide if I want to do my trail run now or wait until the sun comes out. Hmmm... it's so nice not to have a set agenda!

Here are a couple random things I hope to accomplish today:

1. Make an appointment for Jelly to get groomed. He has had some mattes in his fur for awhile now, and I am ashamed I haven't gotten it taken care of sooner. But he hates the groomer and it's very stressful for him to go.

2. Put some races on the calendar! Due to my recent speedy paces, I have determined that I may as well sign up for a shorter road race. I initially liked the idea of a 10k because 5ks are so intimidating... However, I went back and looked at the last 5k of the 10k workout I did the other day and it clocked in at 20:52! That's AFTER running 3 miles at the following paces: 7:32, 7:08, 6:50. That's with no tapering, 5 hours of sleep, and only a Hershey Bar in my belly.

I've only ever run two 5ks. The first one I ever ran clocked in at 19:51. The second one was a 20:56. I would be TICKLED if I would beat my PR but that would mean I'd have to run a 6:23 pace. I think I'm going to try. Omg I have to poop just thinking about it...

3. Organize my closets. My friend Molly showed me how she arranged the clothes in her son's closet by color and it looked beautiful! I love organizing... After all, my motto is "Outer order, inner calm"!

Of course I have a lot of other things I want to accomplish today, so I better go get started. I hope you all have a great start to your week!
Do you like to organize?
Do your pets like getting groomed?

8 comments:

  1. I took a personal day in the morning today and I enjoyed sleeping in! I am happy that you are so chipper and looking forward to running some races! I ran my first race of the year yesterday at a winery and it was so stinkin tough for a 5k. It was very hilly, on wet grass, and muddy. Lots of people wiped out!

    Of course I love to organize things. I also organize my clothes by color as well. I have a few hall closets I want to organize but I feel like I need more than one day off to really dig into it so guess what, it's going to be the first thing I do on my summer " to do list". So glad to see you blogging my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That does sound like a tough race! But the winery makes it worth it, right? ;)

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your productive day off! The list you posted this morning was massive. My list on days off usually consists of: sleep in, take a nap, see what else happens.

    Cecil HATES being groomed by anyone other than himself. We have purchased so many different brushes including a love glove grooming mitt and he has hated them all. As soon as he sees a brush he starts attacking it. So now we just let him do his thing since he has short hair and it doesn't seem to matter. I love the feeling of having my hair brushed so I don't understand why he hates it so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know it was massive but some things took very little time. I ended up not cleaning the WHOLE house but mowing the lawn and doing a ton of yard work instead. The rest of the house cleaning can be done tonight after piano lessons.

      Omg I love having my hair brushed too. I am sure Cecil likes to be pet though, right? Just not brushed. Chrissy and Jelly like it and purr really hard. I should brush them more often.

      Delete
  3. Enjoy a day off with no real set agenda. I do like to organize and do it all the time; however, this weekend I went through this bin downstairs that was a catch all for keepsakes. I decided some things were not worth keeping and man it feels good to just part with stuff! Show us a picture of your closet!! Rick and I have a very organized closet -- I like things arranged by color and I have all wooden hangers so things look nice. Even though I can't stand her voice "outer order, inner calm" speaks to me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't get to my closet! It is organized except not by color. I ended up doing a bunch of stuff not on the list because the grass ended up drying so I could do all the mowing and then of course did all the outside work as well. I may tackle the closet color organization tonight after piano lessons!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you're planning on a really productive day off! I hope you have a fun day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was spectacular! A day in the life post is coming tomorrow so you can read all about it if you want to. :)

      Delete