A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Saturday, May 4, 2019

My Running Lately

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Despite the rest of my life being in shambles, my running has been AMAZING! After a satisfying performance at Hyner, I took two days off. Then I just had to get back out there. I started off slow, but 5 days after Hyner, I saw major improvements...

5 Days Post Hyner:

There was nothing super special about this run, just a little speedier than normal for a La La La Run on the road. (A La La La Run is a run where I just run for fun and don't try to hit a certain pace.)




The Next Day

Another La La La Run. I am excited that the paces you see below was an easy run for me. My legs were feeling fresh after being sore for several days after Hyner.




Why Is This So Easy?

Seriously, why were these paces so easy today? I mean, I just shoot out of my house, hit the street, and I'm already hitting 7:30 paces without a warm up!




Okay, I Tried This

I admit that I purposefully pushed the pace a little on this run. My legs felt good, so why not!?




I Run 8 Miles When I Feel Fat

If I run 8 miles during the week, it's usually because I feel fat. It's not the most healthy reason to run, but there ya go. (Note: Feeling fat is different from actually thinking I am fat.) 

I hate using the word fat because it's an ugly word, but I have ugly thoughts sometimes and I'm here to share them all with you! 

Anyway, the day before this run I lifted, so my legs felt super fresh. I purposefully pushed the pace a bit on the last 3 miles! I was super, DUPER pleased and basically felt like THE SHIT for the rest of the day!



The Trend Continues...

A La La La run. SHOULD I BE SIGNING UP FOR A 10K??




Okay, CHECK THIS OUT!!!!

This is the run that makes me the most proud. First of all, I didn't really feel like running to begin with. My legs were tired and all I ate that morning was a Hershey bar. So I decided to run a 1 mile loop and then just stop whenever I couldn't take it anymore... whether that was after 1 mile or 6 miles.

Once I got started, my legs felt really good, so I tried to improve my pace on each mile. This run was NOT effortless. In fact, I felt like I was racing for the last 4 miles. My head was pounding and my heart rate was in Zone 4.8! I wondered why in the world suddenly decided to basically race a 10k. I was super proud of this run.


I only ever raced one 10k and it was back in 2014. I actually WON the race! Not just first female, but first overall! It was a magical day and I trained hard, tapered, and prepared for the race. I ran that race in 41:18 but the course only clocked in at 5.9 miles. So my pace above is nearly identical to what I did 5 years ago when I actually trained and prepared for a race!

This is one of my favorite pictures! It's right after I won the 10k in 2014. You can see I was super happy and Paul was right there to support me and bask in my happiness!

So, inquiring minds want to know... Should I sign up for a race and actually race it!?

8 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, yes!! Go for it. You are strong and you are ready! P.S. I absolutely adore that picture of you two! It's great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn girl, yes sign up! If you have an off day you can just be like "well I didn't even train for this so whatever" or if you have an amazing day you can be like "well i didn't even train for this and i'm such a badass I pr'd. i'm megan and i don't even have to try this shit is too easy!"

    when we do the relay it's going to be my fastest half marathon time ever :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha you are hilarious. :) Spoiler: When I actually train for something I don't do well. So I have an idea. Pick a race in my area but don't tell me when it is/when you're coming until 2 weeks before. I will PR.

      Delete
  3. Ha Ha that's not even a question. SIGN UP ALREADY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES! You must sign up for a race! You are running strong times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank! I have to poop just thinking about it.

      Delete