A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Friday, May 17, 2019

A Wednesday Afternoon Trail Run!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
After several days of rain and temperatures that required me to turn the heat back on, we finally had warmth and sunshine on Wednesday! In fact, I taught all of my afternoon music classes outside that day! The kids loved it and it was such a wonderful change from being cooped up in my classroom all afternoon.

After work, I headed to the Appalachian Trail. I had run four miles in the morning but wanted to get some time in my happy place.

Guys, it was so freaking gorgeous.


I parked at Sherwood and ran 1 mile to Scott's Farm and back. It was SO. GREEN. The pictures don't even do it justice.









Once I got back to my car, I ran a mile in the opposite direction and back. There was more hills and more mud this way!





I turned around at the tunnel that goes under the Wertzville Road and headed back to my car.


I didn't run fast, but I felt thankful every step of the way. I love that there are beautiful trails so close to me and I'm thankful I have the health to be able to go out and run on them!

5 comments:

  1. This really does look beautiful! Do you ever get frightened running there by yourself? I think I would be frightened to run through that tunnel. I have wooded trails like that near me and they are my favorite trails. I know its unsafe to run there by myself but I really do enjoy the solitude and peacefulness of running there. I just hope my pepper spray is enough to save me....lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know me, I used to be afraid of getting murdered ALL THE TIME. For some reason, I have let that fear go. There were a lot of people on the trail that day as well. But no, I am no longer scared.

      Delete
  2. I admire trail runners. On our hike last weekend I was thinking "man, I can barely walk these trails...I can't imagine running them". Well, I thought that and I guess I said it out loud to Rick, too...like 5 times! LOL. Good job girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! This wasn't even technical trail or hilly!

      Delete