A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Wednesday, May 22, 2019

MGR Updates

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hey all! I have some random updates for you today! 
Let's get to it!

New Running Shoes: A couple years ago I bought 7 pairs of my running shoes (Mizuno Wave Riders) for the low price of $59. Well, I'm OUT! That's right! Those ugly pink running shoes I have been wearing for 2+ years are done. Luckily, I found an older model of my Mizuno Wave Riders at a local running store for $65. Then I found a pair on Amazon for $90. (Full price is $119, so these were very good deals.)



Personally, I like dark colored running shoes, but when one is concerned about price, one can't be worried about aesthetics as well.

New Trail Shoes: Unfortunately I needed new trail shoes at the same time I needed new road shoes. I wear Saucony Peregrines. They are very comfortable but not super durable. Both pairs I had developed a tear where my little toe goes. Look...



See my orange sock sticking out!?


However, I was able to find these shoes super cheap ($48), so I figured for that price, even if I only get like 200 miles out of them, it's worth it.



I love the colors!!!!!!!!!! Trail shoe colors are my jam.



Vacuum: This has been an expensive month! After the vacuum incident of 2019, I needed a new vacuum. My Facebook friends came to the rescue to give me lots of suggestions. I did my research and ended up ordering the Shark Navigator.




I haven't tried it yet because I didn't have time to get it out of the box and put it together, but it sounds like a fun three day weekend activity. Omg I'm old...

Tight Calves & Plantar Fasciitis: For the past couple weeks, I felt some tightness in my calves on some of my runs. My calves are one body part that never bother me, so I was a little surprised. I thought maybe it was some lingering stuff from Hyner. Humble Hill wrecked my calves and of course they seized up a bit during my attempt to sprint at the end.

I know tight calves can lead to plantar fasciitis, and low and behold, one morning I woke up and felt that tell tale heel pain when I got out of bed. It was only on the right side. Luckily, my chiropractor was able to get me in that day for some active release technique. He really dug into my calves and then did some scraping on my heel.

The next morning I was sore from the work he did on my body so I lifted. The day after that I ran. I didn't have any heel pain and my calves felt a lot better! I think they really just needed released and my heel needed worked on. I'm going back next week for some more active release technique just to keep this in check. I do NOT want to get full blown plantar fasciitis!

In the meantime, I'm stretching and foam rolling and hoping that the calves and heel stay calm!



THE TRAIL! So running shoes, vacuums, and chiro appointments cost money. But you know what doesn't cost money? Afternoon trail runs! I have been hitting the trail on Wednesdays after school and it has been WONDERFUL. Do you get out on the trail? You have to! It is so beautiful!



What kind of vacuum do you have?
What color running shoes do you like?

6 comments:

  1. I actually have both pairs of those mizunos you've shown! You know I love Mizunos. Fortunately I rarely wear my shoes out...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for getting on top of your calves! Our vacuum is a Roomba (and a cleaning lady that comes every 2 weeks). My favorite color is pink so I will take a pink shoe any day...but honestly, price is my biggest deciding factor. I run in the dark so no one sees me or my shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like the color pink but only certain colors. I love to clean! I bet you like it too, you just don't have time?

      Delete
    2. No, I hate to clean but I love a clean house! So I really enjoy having a cleaning lady and a husband who is not messy at all!

      Delete