A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Tuesday, May 7, 2019

We live every day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

I saw this meme on Facebook and I simply had to share it with you all! I'm not so much into Peanuts but the message of this cartoon.

For the past several years, I've been stuck in a rut. My days were predictable. I would go to bed early... too early. I was always wishing for the weekend. I was literally wishing my days away every week!

Lately, I've had a lot more time on my hands. It is easy to get bored and sad, but whenever I feel myself slip into that dark place (usually first thing in the morning and in the evening if I don't have plans), I remind myself that I need to do something to LIVE each and every day. Whether it's a walk around the block, weeding the garden, checking out a new trail, or simply taking a new route home from work.

Sure, we've only got one life, and we should cherish it, but we also have to make sure we LIVE it!
Do you LIVE each day?

6 comments:

  1. Such a great message! When my mom died young and my brother in law died really, really young I woke up! Life is such a precious gift. Doesn't mean we are meant to be happy all the time but we are meant to truly feel it, to experience it and to know that tomorrow is not promised. I try to start each day with gratitude and look for blessings in the smallest places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like what you said about how we won't always be happy but we have to feel and experience life (the good and the bad) anyway. I love your outlook, Susan! Will you be my life coach?

      Delete
  2. What a great message. IT IS so easy to fall into a rut, especially when we have a job that seems to be the same every day! I find myself always rushing towards the weekend as well. Except for in the summer time when I want time to just slow down. Do you ever think about what it might be like to have a different job that wasn't so structured day in and day out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know it's funny, I do like the structure of the school day and my work, but I think I need to balance that out with less structure in my personal life! I am a creature of habit though and my default is schedule, routine, monotony lol.

      Delete
  3. Hi Megan! (see, I used your whole name...) I never got a chance to comment last week, but I'm glad to see you are feeling a bit better now. At our house we have definitely changed things up since my husband's parents passed away. Taking the trips we've been talking about, and getting out there and doing things together before my kids go off to college. You just never know what's going to happen in the future, so enjoy it now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know from reading your blog you and your family live life to the fullest! It is wonderful you are able to give your kids so many worthwhile experiences and always find the joy in everything, whether it's a big vacation or a donut!!!

      Delete