A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Saturday, October 31, 2015

Weekly Workout Recap!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Happy Weekend! I hope you had some great workouts this week! Here's what I was up to...

Saturday- Race pace run! 12 miles with 9 at pace. You can read about it here.

Sunday- Recovery from my race pace run the day before. Lifting at HOME. Dang I haven't been to Planet Fitness since before I bought my big girl weights!

Bicycles- 4x40
Asst. Wide Grip Pull Ups- 4x15
Donkey Kicks- 4x20
Chest Press- 4x10x25lb
Row- 4x10x25lb
Fire Hydrants- 4x20
Push Ups- 3x10
Kick Backs- 4x20
Shoulder Press- 4x10x20lb
Plank w/ knee tuck- 4x10
Band Asst. Neutral Grip Pull Ups- 4x6

Monday- 5 chilly miles before work. I was excited that I wasn't feel sore or injured from my Saturday run.

Tuesday- My alarm didn't go off at 5:45, so I didn't wake up until 6:00 when Paul's alarm went off. Thank goodness his alarm was set or I would have missed my whole run! It did set me back a bit and I had to choose between running 5 miles and skipping my stretching or running 4 miles and still do my stretching. I am proud to say I made the SMART choice. I shortened my run and still got my stretching in.

Wednesday- 8 miles. My left leg felt jacked up during this run. WTF? 8:29 pace. It was pouring!

Thursday- Lower body rest day, lifting at home.


Bicycles- 3x40
Asst. Wide Grip Pull Ups- 4x15
Donkey Kicks- 4x20
Chest Press- 4x12x25lb
Row- 4x10x25lb
Fire Hydrants- 3x20
Push Ups- 3x10
Kick Backs- 3x20
Shoulder Press- 4x10x20lb
Plank w/ knee tuck- 4x20
Band Asst. Neutral Grip Pull Ups- 4x6

Friday- Speed work! 5x800 including a warm up and a cool down walk. My legs and knee felt strong, but my right glute was sore from the glute stuff I did the day before. Why does only my RIGHT glute get sore? Something must be knotted up in there!
Have you ever had just ONE butt cheek hurt?

8 comments:

  1. My right side is the one that always gives me problems, and it does get more sore than the left! But I have a really hard time telling if its a "good sore" or not. I think my brain is so confused about how that side is supposed to feel. Im sure it has to do with it being weaker but I still don't know why it feels more sore when I worked both sides equally!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how I feel! And it used to never get sore- I mean, if my butt hurt, it was both sides. So weird.

      Delete
  2. What a GREAT week of workouts! How are you feeling today? What's on your workout agenda? Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel great! Butt doesn't hurt anymore. Off for a 10-12 miler. Depends on how I feel. I am tired from a late night and getting up early.

      Delete
    2. Yay for pain free butts! Enjoy your run!!

      Delete
  3. YES I have had only one butt cheek hurt. Last winter during Boston training my left glute was so painful, especially after a long or hilly run. We figured out it needed to be strengthened so I had a series of exercises to do and knock on wood, it hasn't come back. It hurt like a b*&ch after the Boston marathon though. I had to do side clamshells in side plank position, glute bridges where you alternate lifting one leg straight, one legged squats and a elbow plank where you alternate lifting legs for a minute and a half.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow glad that hasn't really come back and that you have an arsenal of exercises to combat it!

      Delete
  4. We need massages is what it sounds like! :)

    ReplyDelete