A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Monday, October 26, 2015

Weekend Wrap Up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Happy Monday! If you want to small and laugh out loud this morning, please take a couple minutes and watch this video about the first person to run a marathon without talking about it. I promise, you will not regret it!



Friday morning came fast and HARD. My alarm went off and I started bumbling all over the place. I was awake but I wasn't awake. I dropped my phone, tripped over the cat food bowls... I was a mess! Luckily, I still got in a good lifting workout at home. I really wanted to run, but I was resting for my big RACE PACE run the next day. As I drove out of my neighborhood to work, I told the roads I'd see them tomorrow!

Work was a whirlwind! I don't know why Fridays are so crazy but they are! I love it. 
The third graders never heard the song Achy Breaky Heart, so of course I had to play it for them. I feel like it is my duty to expose them to quality music... (hehe!)

After work, I had several errands to run... including a trip to Bath and Bodyworks to finally get the scent of my dreams! Thanks for the coupon, Kristina!! 


I got the body lotion, fine mist spray, and ultra shea body lotion for just $20!
I really just want to coat myself in this stuff...

That evening, we met up with some running pals and some "normal" pals for Trivioke (Trivia + Karaoke) at Hershey Vineyard and Brewery. It was a ton of fun and we definitely plan on going back on another Friday night.

When I signed up to sing karaoke I was a bit buzzed, but by the time they got to me I was completely sober! This was probably the most inhibited performance of Oops I did It Again ever performed! I definitely am more of a "show tunes" singer. After a dirty martini or two, I can sing the HELL out of Dance: Ten, Looks: Three.



Randy and Michael!

I love this picture of Paul!


Saturday morning was spent prepping for my BIG RUN! It went really well, and you can read about it here! Or take in the short version...


We spent the evening hanging out with Paul's parents for his mom's birthday!



On the way home, I found my dream booties at Target- of all places!




It was a lazy Sunday. I lifted, ran a couple errands, and did a little bit of housework. Paul spends the whole day watching football, so I am kind of on my own on Sundays! Boo hoo. It was quite beautiful outside, but it was a lower body rest day for me! Boo hoo times two!

I think the most notable thing about my Sunday was that I had chili for breakfast. The heart wants what the heart wants...
Did you do anything cool this weekend?
Do you have a go to Karaoke song?
What's your favorite part of the marathon video?

19 comments:

  1. I love the booties! I really want a pair but have to have a lower heal since Rick is only about 2 inches taller than me :) If I could sing like you, I would be all over Karaoke! I can think of show tune songs to sing but maybe I would try Tik Tok by Kesha ('now the party don't start til I walk in....). I love that video and have watched it a few times. Hard to pick a favorite but when he says "if your not going to tell anyone about your marathon, why not just go for a long run". I do think a big part of reaching running goals is being able to share them with those that care (and even those that don't)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh Tik Tok would be a good song!

      I like sharing goals too! It helps keep ya accountable as well. I am feeling a little bad for Paul right now though. I have been talking about running a little more than normal...

      Delete
    2. It's like we either over talk our awesome running or over talk our frustrating injuries. You can talk and "brag" to me anytime! I love hearing all about how kick ass you are doing right now!!

      Delete
    3. Last night I told Paul I am "up" now, but in a couple months I will have to stave off injuries and take it easy for awhile. :)

      Delete
  2. Love the video! I would never have the courage to sing karaoke! (I also don't have the voice for it).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What made me less nervous was that barely anyone was listening! :)

      Delete
  3. I love that you did Oops at karaoke. I think that is a wise choice even though you were sober! I have a song dedicated to every single person in my life (even though they don't know it), so the song I would choose at karaoke would depend on who I am with! :) That is if I ever did karaoke which I would not because I am a terrible singer. I fantasize about doing karaoke when I am listening to music and running though lol.

    So glad you got a good mix at BBW. Their current sale is great! I am stocking up on candles :)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the saleswoman told me they have NEVER had a B1G1 on candles before. Are their candles as fragrant as Yankee? Yankees tend to be the only ones to cover up the smell of an occasional puddle of cat pee we fail to notice!

      Would you ever do karaoke if you were a bit tipsy??? That always helps ME!

      Delete
  4. I need to show Andrew that video! Ha ha! So awesome. I love that you did karaoke. I feel like you and I would have so much fun. My go-to song is Amy Winehouse's "Back to Black."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He will love it. :) Yes you and I would have a ton of fun!

      Delete
  5. ugggh i need boots! no i want boots. black boots. I have two pairs of brown, though I would like another pair of shorter brown boots...

    and my go to karaoke songs are- let's get it on, stronger (britney), unbreak my heart, and whatever else my friends make me sing hahah

    www.slowandsteadykandm.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow those are some great songs, you must be an awesome singer!

      Delete
  6. Looks like you are slowly getting those things on your mall list!

    I ran 13.1 miles this weekend as a training run. I think i'd rather have gone to Trivioki. That sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I know right!? What's the difference between this weekend and last weekend? This weekend was pay day. ;)

      Delete
  7. Hahaha that video was awesome! I love when the husband says he posted 12 pictures of himself watching her run the marathon and she didn't even post one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute booties! I've only done karaoke once, to Pat Benatar's Heartbreaker. I wish I could tell you I was buzzed, alas I was not. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh nuts! I think most people need a buzz for karaoke!

      Delete
  9. I saw that video on the Runner's World FB this morning and it cracked me up!!!

    ReplyDelete