A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Weekly Workout Recap

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

I guess you could say I'm actually training for something now, so my workouts will have a little more direction to them! Here is what I was up to..

Saturday- My first "official" half marathon training run. 10 miles- 7 below race pace.

Sunday- Lower body rest day, upper body lifting. And some glute stuff.


Chest Press- 5x12x25lb
Bicycle Crunches- 4x40
Donkey Kicks- 4x20
Push Ups- 5x10
Shoulder Press- 5x10x20lb
Fire Hydrants- 4x15
Kick Backs- 3x20
Stability Ball Pass- 4x8
Tricep Dips- 4x15
Planks- 4x45 seconds

Monday- 5 neighborhood miles before work.

Tuesday- 5 neighborhood miles before work.

Wednesday- 7 miles. I had 8 on the schedule but the back of my right leg felt a little tight AND I was feeling lazy. I wore my compression socks to work.

Thursday-  Lower body rest. Lifted back at home!


Band Asst. Wide Grip Pull Ups- 5x5
Donkey Kicks- 4x15
Row- 5x12x20lb
Bicycles- 4x40
Band Asst. Neutral Grip Pull Ups- 5x6
Fire Hydrants- 4x15
Bicep Curls- 5x10x15lb
Stability Ball Pass- 4x8
Kick Backs- 4x20
Plank- NO TIME! BOO HOO! Thought I'd do them later in the day... nope!

Friday- SPEED WORK! 1 mile warm up, then 9x400 with 400 recovery jogs in between. 3/4 mile cool down and then 1/4 mile walk. It did not suck, which makes me think maybe I didn't push myself hard enough on the 400 sprints! The back of my leg felt fine- whew!
Tell me about a great workout you did this week!
What is your favorite speed work for half marathons? I need suggestions!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a good start! I like those mile repeats my coach has me do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will look up what the best pace would be for me to do mile repeats. Thanks Wendy. :)

      Delete
  2. Solid week! Looking forward to following your training! @hellyontherun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice week! Great tempo run. I love track workouts for speed - 800s are fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By fun you mean HORRIBLE yet effective, right? :) So many people suggested those. I think I will try them out for my next speed workout!

      Delete