A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Strength Training Challenge: Workout #2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Workout #2

I was very excited when many of you responded and said you'd be willing to join in on my Strength Training Challenge. I think this will be a great way to motivate more runners to strength train. And for those of you that already have strength workouts you do- obviously, if it ain't broke, don't fix it! But if you would like to try something new, (whether it's the whole routine or just a couple moves you think that work for you) join us!

Today I am posting Workout #2.


Workout #2 is a couple of exercises that focus on more than one body part. You can do this workout at a circuit, or you could incorporate some of these exercises with Workout #1. It is up to you how you use them! Remember to complete each exercise with proper form!



Warm Up Suggestions:

Bird Dog
Jumping Jacks
Shoulder Rotations
Legs Swings
Knee Tucks

Or whatever you enjoy! Here are some demos of my personal favs...



Exercises:

KB swings
Push up with row
Lunge with curl and press
Burpees
Stability ball pull ins


It sounds like I am screaming in the video. I blame it on being a teacher

KB Swings- :12
Push up with row- :45
Lunge with curl and press- 1:20
Burpees- 2:12
Stability ball pull ins- 2:43

Cool Down:

Stretching or your favorite mobility work.
Make sure you either post about your workout or leave a message for us in the comments after you did it! That way we can all motivate each other!


Visit Megan Michael Training if you want a custom workout plan especially for you!

11 comments:

  1. I included some of the exercises from your last workout into my strength training and I plan to do the same with these moves! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I plan to reference these workouts later! I need to start doing more exercises at home because I find myself going to the gym less and less now that school started. It's hard to justify that hour to myself when so much other stuff needs done, but yet I know it is an hour I can not sacrifice because I don't want to end up injured again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand. I Have not been to the gym since I got my "big girl weights" and can do everything at home. It is soooo nice in the mornings before work to stay HOME rather than drive to the gym at 5:30 am!

      Delete
  3. I love that you do the demos because I was about to google what exactly a bird dog was. I did do my workout Thursday night from a previous post you did but I missed one when I was sick. This is a great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay I am glad you did it! I don't know what kinds of stuff people already do because they don't really break it down the way they do their runs. I think I am the only nerdy person who wants to know what people do during their strength workouts. :)

      Delete
  4. Sweet! Thank you so much. I will start this tomorrow after my run (today is a rest yo ass day for me). I won't be able to do all of them but I did just get cleared in PT to start some lower body strength stuff like air squats and lunges (no weights) in addition to the glute workout they planned for me! I really appreciate the time you take to show all this to us. You are a rock star.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rest yo ass, Susan! :) I am glad some of the exercises work for you. :) I bet you will be good at the stability ball pull ins due to all your TRX training!

      Delete
  5. Thanks so much Meg. I definitely need to incorporate these moves into my routine. I am actually about to go to the gym, so I will let you know how it goes.
    bakingrunner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to write my workouts on crumbled up pieces of paper and carry it around at the gym. :)

    ReplyDelete