A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Monday, October 12, 2015

Weekend Wrap Up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Before I tell you about our weekend, let me brag about my dad!
On Saturday, he ran the Knoebel Lumber 5k and won 1st place in his age group!
22:56- that's a 7:24 pace!
GOOOOOO DADDIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




I woke up at 4:26am on Friday, right to take on the day! Not to brag, but before work, I ran 5 miles, lifted back, and cleaned the bathroom. I should get up in the middle of the night more often!

Around 11, things started to go downhill. I had rehearsed a dance in the gym with the entire 4th grade. It made me hot and sweaty. But then when I went down to my classroom I got cold. I thought it was from the sweat, but actually I was starting to get sick again. WHY COULDN'T I SHAKE THIS? Not only did I feel lethargic, but I had a runny nose and sinus pressure. Paul thinks it's allergies but I am not sure...

After work, Paul and I had errands to run. While we were at the grocery store, we ran into my dear friend Clarence who I haven't seen in years! He's a retired music teacher I used to work with. It was so wonderful to see him and catch up. He's the same old Clarence.

When we got home from errands, I cleaned the entire house in just under 45 minutes! What a relief to have it over and not have to dread doing it on Saturday. I think I will clean on Fridays more often! Oh, I saw the biggest spider I ever saw in my entire life crawl behind our dryer. It was terrifying. I am glad Christmas didn't see it because he would surely try to eat it and then get sick.

Then the cats got into a pretty bad fight... don't worry, they are okay.

Did I mention they got a new cat condo?



Saturday morning was my first official run of HALF MARATHON TRAINING! I did 10 miles and it went really well. I will update you about that tomorrow, as well as post my goals for all the internet to read. (Gulp.) But here is the short story...


I was pretty wrecked after my run so I just relaxed until it was time to go out with Paul!

We headed to Lancaster to see a really funny comedian- Mitch Fatel. We also had dinner at an Italian place called Pasquela's. The portions were so big we have gotten 4 meals out of it so far and there is still a little left! All for $28. Can't beat that!

Chicken Parm!

Lasagna!

Mitch Fatel!


We spent the entire day with our friends Bob and Rachel at the best amusement resort ever- Knoebels!


First of all, I didn't have to drive us to Knoebels. It was sooooo nice to sit in the back seat and look out the window for once! (Paul doesn't drive, so I do allllllll the driving. I freaking drove us from Denver to San Diego!)

Paul got to drive us all on the Antique cars.

Rachel!!!

 You will not believe it. I scored 350 points at skeeball!!!!!!
This was my prize.
Paul tried to get them to announce my name over the loud speaker but they wouldn't.


Then I won 70 tickets on Deal or No Deal! Boy, it was turning out to be my day!
If you have been reading my blog for awhile you know I LOVE Deal or No Deal!

Then Bob won 60 tickets at Deal or No Deal!
We gave all of our tickets to a little kid.

Paul can't ride much but he can do the carousel! Luckily, I love the carousel!

We ate our faces off. The cherry on top of all the yummy food was
an apple dumpling with vanilla ice cream! My fall is complete.

 My little prize chilled out in my purse for the rest of the day!
What's your favorite amusement park?
What were you up to this weekend?

26 comments:

  1. Yeah, nice job on your run Saturday-how is your cold doing? Congrats to your dad. So speedy! What a fun weekend. Going to comedy is one of my most favorite things to do and this girl LOVES skee ball, too. I get very serious when I play. Our weekend was nephew soccer and nephew baseball. I got a pedicure w/ the girls (leave for Mexico Thursday) and also worked on art projects while watching football. Pretty low key but just what we wanted :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cold is now GONE. :) No thanks to Saturday, obviously. You are going to Mexico soon? So cool! I would love to go there. Are you going with Rick or your gfs?

      Delete
    2. Yay for being healthy. Going to Mexico with 6 couples! Can't wait.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a fun weekend. We spent the weekend cleaning the house and organizing, and running...and going to soccer games and xc meets.
    My favorite park is Canobie lake. It is local, and a good size to do the whole park in a day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cleaning and organizing... I so need to do that!

      Delete
  3. Wow, what a productive Friday! I have been getting up at 4:30 most days now and I feel like I barely accomplish anything before leaving for work:) Congrats to your dad!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What time do you have to leave for work? I don't have to leave until 7:30 so i guess I can cram a lot into 3 hours!

      Delete
  4. Congrats to your Dad! (faster than me!!) And your run was pretty dang speedy too. Great job! I would love to do some housework earlier in the morning but I don't want to wake up my sleeping family. It is a very productive time though.
    Looks like a great time at the at amusement park. We went hiking in some caves and to a pumpkin patch. Oh, and the homecoming football game on Friday. It was a busy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to be quiet too because of Paul but the bathroom is a quiet job. :) I am glad you had a good weekend!

      Delete
  5. Congrats to your dad! That's so awesome. He looks so young! And wow that ten miler of yours is SPEEDY. You have some wheels there, sisterfriend! Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that your middle pace was 7:11. Weird things like that make me happy! I'm also happy you're training for the half because it means it's really happening and I'll see you in December!

    Congrats to your speedy dad, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is HAPPENING!! :) Maybe I will be more nervous for the race than I will be to fly? That would be nice!

      Delete
  7. daaaang you guys are a speedy family!! I love going to those fairs and stuff, but i do NOT enjoy the backseat. I would rather drive the whole way every where always. I've driven myself, alone, cross country and all over the place. I definitely enjoy that haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the "being in control" aspect of driving, but I would prefer Paul drive and I be the passenger. Because face it, I am still in control that way haha. It's the best of both worlds!!!

      Delete
  8. Your dad is The Man!

    I love the Deal or No Deal game too, it's truly addictive. Skeeball is pretty great too, way to go champ!

    You killed it on the 10-miler! Your dad must be so proud to have passed the speedy running gene on to his kids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deal or No Deal.. I NEVER go for the deal. I always hit "NO DEAL" with all my might, and then everyone around me cheers! I love the attention, not gonna lie hahaha.

      Delete
  9. Congrats to your dad! Once again, proof that getting older doesn't mean you have to slow down...

    I love SkeeBall. When the boys were little we used to go to carnivals and play it. I miss those days...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way! In fact I think he will be running faster here in the next couple years! He has always been athletic and taken care of himself.

      Delete
  10. Oh thank you Karen!

    My quads were sore the day after my run! I knew I pushed it because my quads are only sore after I RACE.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way to go to your dad!!! I miss my dad. That was an amazing run you did. I don't do amusement rides they mess my stomach up so bad. Thanks for sharing your weekend
    bakingrunner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry you miss your dad. :( Hope all is well.

      Delete
  12. Congrats to your Dad - so amazing!!! And your 10 miler - AWESOME WORK!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so awesome for your dad!!!! He's speedy :D

    ReplyDelete