YESTERDAY WAS MY FIRST OFFICIAL DAY OF SUMMER! This is the time of year I feel most productive! The world it as my fingertips. I have time do to ALL THE THINGS!
These are all the goals I want to tackle during the school year, but don't make time for them and don't make them a priority! Hopefully I can be disciplined this summer and make these goals a reality!
- Practice my ukulele for 10-15 minutes a day. I got a ukulele for Christmas and was very diligent at practicing it... for about 2 weeks. I am so ashamed! I am a freaking music teacher, I should be practicing! I want to be able to come back to school in the fall and sing folk songs with the students while accompanying us on the uke!
- Pick one room each week and do a deep clean. It's too overwhelming to me to do it all at once. But I think if I just required myself to do one room a week, it would seem more manageable and it would get done. (Spoiler alert: I already did 2 rooms! Since I will be on vacation, I realized I better get ahead of the game!)
- Earn some continuing education credits through ACE. The American Council on Exercise (the organization in which I am certified as a personal trainer) requires you to obtain a certain amount of contunuing ed credits every two years to keep your certification current. Again, this is something I do not make time for during the school year.
- READ ALL THE BOOKS! I love to read, but I just don't make the time for it. I wish I had some sort of E-reader (is that what they are called) so I could get books more easily. Right now I am stuck going to the library. But I don't know if I would enjoy reading as much if I wasn't actually holding a book in my hand. I really enjoy turning the page of a book.
- Go on day trips with Paul. Living in Central PA means we really are not that far at all from a lot of cool places! DC, Philly, Pittsburgh, NYC, Baltimore, etc. There are also a ton of cool state parks, caves, and museums around here. I feel like we don't always take advantage of things right in our backyard.
Do you make summer goals? Well, what are they!?