A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Summer Goals!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


YESTERDAY WAS MY FIRST OFFICIAL DAY OF SUMMER! This is the time of year I feel most productive! The world it as my fingertips. I have time do to ALL THE THINGS!

These are all the goals I want to tackle during the school year, but don't make time for them and don't make them a priority! Hopefully I can be disciplined this summer and make these goals a reality!

  • Practice my ukulele for 10-15 minutes a day. I got a ukulele for Christmas and was very diligent at practicing it... for about 2 weeks. I am so ashamed! I am a freaking music teacher, I should be practicing! I want to be able to come back to school in the fall and sing folk songs with the students while accompanying us on the uke!
  • Pick one room each week and do a deep clean. It's too overwhelming to me to do it all at once. But I think if I just required myself to do one room a week, it would seem more manageable and it would get done. (Spoiler alert: I already did 2 rooms! Since I will be on vacation, I realized I better get ahead of the game!)
  • Earn some continuing education credits through ACE. The American Council on Exercise (the organization in which I am certified as a personal trainer) requires you to obtain a certain amount of contunuing ed credits every two years to keep your certification current. Again, this is something I do not make time for during the school year.
  • READ ALL THE BOOKS! I love to read, but I just don't make the time for it. I wish I had some sort of E-reader (is that what they are called) so I could get books more easily. Right now I am stuck going to the library. But I don't know if I would enjoy reading as much if I wasn't actually holding a book in my hand. I really enjoy turning the page of a book.
  • Go on day trips with Paul. Living in Central PA means we really are not that far at all from a lot of cool places! DC, Philly, Pittsburgh, NYC, Baltimore, etc. There are also a ton of cool state parks, caves, and museums around here. I feel like we don't always take advantage of things right in our backyard.

Do you make summer goals? Well, what are they!?

17 comments:

  1. Happy Summer! Have an awesome vacation.

    Those are great goals! My goal in the summer is to have as much fun as possible and do all the "summer things". I know when winter comes, I will think "wouldn't it be nice to be having a picnic?!" So I just make sure to get all the fun/outdoor things done!

    P.S. I check out books from the library, too. I just need to be holding a book and turning pages (plus it gives me an excuse to go there and I love the library!!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your goal of getting all the normal summer things checked off the list. Some of those things that feel summery to me is going on a nice long run, going to the beach, and going to a pool.

      Delete
  2. I haven't been to a library in a while but they are such an exciting place to go to because EVERYTHING IS FREE! It's crazy to shop around and not pay a cent!

    I like reading on my iPad because I read in the dark in bed and then just turn it off and fall asleep. When reading a physical book I hate having to have a light turned on when I'm reading before bed because it keeps me awake - whereas if I read in the dark it makes me sleepy. Lots of libraries offering e-books now and even Amazon has a library!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristina, as your friend who works for a library, this comment deeply saddens me!

      Delete
    2. Ooh I always do the lib cause it is FEE. Kristina: Book rec for you: The Gift of Fear by Gavin de Becker, You may have read it before though,

      Delete
  3. Great summer goals. I have one room that is suppose to be an office but just turned into a junk room. Maybe if I break it up a little at a time I can see the floor lol. Maybe I need to work,up some summer goals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy summer, and great goals! I especially like your deep cleaning 1 room at a time one...I think I will have to adopt something similar!

    I don't really make summer goals because unlike SOME PEOPLE I don't have a bunch of extra free time! Hehe. I do have something like a summer bucket list of things I want to take advantage of before the season is over, which it will be in the blink of an eye I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That seems to be the consensus... everyone needs to clean an everyone wants to make sure they get done all the "summery" things that want to.

      Delete
  5. I love the idea of a deep cleaning one room a day! In May I let the house fault pieces, and then in summertime I have so much work to put it back together! We're having a get together for our anniversary this summer and I need the house to be clean. I'm totally going to steal that idea of deep cleaning one room at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sadly, my goal for summer is just to finish ONE book. I've got about 2 pages done now, I'm really sailing along! I just find it hard to spend time sitting down and reading so I'd really like to do it this time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you, I gotta have an actual book. I use to be a HUGE reader but since i've started blogging I don't have time to read books...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Review a book for your blog. Then ya have to read it!

      Delete
  8. I love the idea of deep cleaning a room in the house each week. Our house is fairly new and doesn't need the deep cleaning yet, but I am definitely going to do this once it is more lived in. Do you have any good book recommendations? I think the hardest part for me is picking which book to read - it's harder than picking out a movie because there is a commitment involved (not just a couple hours). I need to read more too!

    You are the only person I know that plays the ukulele!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last good book I read was The Gift of Fear by Gavin de Becker. I read it a long time ago but it was still a good reread! You probably read it though or read it with your students.

      Delete