A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Monday, June 15, 2015

Colorado

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

We are a few days into our vacation and have been loving every minute of our stay in Denver and Manitou Springs! I know I said I wasn't going to blog BUT I think I am still on East Coast time because I woke up at 5am. Paul is still sleeping sounds, so you get a blog post!



It only took me 2mg of Ativan to make it to Denver without flipping out. From the time we left Harrisburg until we were loading up our rental car, the trip was uneventful.

Our sweet ride! (Notice: I just sucked it up and wore my compression socks with my "sporty" outfit. Thanks for the advice, peeps!)

We spent the first night right in Denver at Paul's cousin's place. They are real chill, down to earth people and fun to hang out with. They also have two HUGE dogs, so it was nice to have animals around!

And of course we had to hit up a dispensary since we were in Colorado! I do not use marijuana but it is still cool to see how the dispensaries are run. I actually did end up buying something...

This is a pain patch. You put it on your body and the CBD is absorbed through the blood stream and lasts 6-12 hours.
They had a patch that did the same thing but also had THC in it- which would get you high. I obviously did not want to feel high, I just wanted the pain relieving qualities, so I got the patch with just the CBD. I figured it might come in handy after I run The Incline!

The next day I planned to go for a run at Green Mountain Open Space. However, I only went 1/4 of a mile because my judgement told me to TURN AROUND.

Signs that told me to turn around:

1. No one else was parked in the parking area.
2. The trails were really muddy.
3. My cell was going in and out of reception.
4. And this ACTUAL sign:

Hahahaha!
(You know mountain lions will chase you and hunt you down, right!?)


So instead of running through this gorgeous scenery...


...I ran in a park across the street and simply looked at the beautiful scenery. Still not a bad way to spend an hour! My knee felt great but my hip was a little tight after. I can't complain.

Later that day we headed down to Manitou Springs, where we stayed for 2 nights... More on that in an upcoming post!
Do you run in mountain lion territory?
Do you have to take meds to fly?

17 comments:

  1. "Talk loudly and firmly to the lion in a low voice," that's exactly what I have to do with Cecil when he gets all riled up and goes into (hard) play-attack mode!

    So glad you are having a great time! That patch sounds really interesting and I'd love to hear how it works for you. In Florida they aren't trying to legalize marijuana this year but they are trying to decriminalize it and simply fine people who are found using it in public.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think decriminalizing it is a great first step. There are too many people filling up the prison systems for petty, non violent crimes.

      Cecil vs. Mtn Lion = CECIL WINS!

      Delete
  2. Looks awesome, Meg! I think not running in that area was probably a smart idea. Always trust your gut. How did the patch work? I have been thinking of using those, too. I hope you continue to have a wonderful vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I trusted my gut! I ended up not trying the patch... I wasn't sore!

      Delete
  3. Yea, I definitely would have turned around too. Large animals like that scare me! Glad your knee held up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! Have you ever seen a bear or anything? The only thing I have seen in PA are deer. Well, and SNAKES. :(

      Delete
  4. Wow sounds like you made the right choice not to run through that area, even though it looks beautiful! I am not too bad with flying but I do like to have a drink or two on or before the flight just in case it is bumpy:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry, why is that even a place people are ALLOWED to go?! It looks dangerous!! haha!

    Do those patches work well? I'm curious to know how they stack up to ibuprofen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ended up not trying it because I wasn't sore!

      Delete
  6. LOVE your compression socks with your "sporty" clothes. You look way more stylish than I do. I always have my compression socks on, regardless of my clothes. My dad, who knows as little about fashion as humanly possible, even commented the other day, calling me "a ball of style...".
    No, I don't run in mountain lion territory, but I saw a bear on my run the other day! So so scary....
    Flying actually relaxes me. As soon as the plane takes off, I find it soothing and fall asleep! But I used to get horrendous motion sickness as a kid, which made the 13 hour flights unbearable.
    So glad you got a lovely run in. Enjoy every moment of your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I bet you are a ball of style! Anything in the name of body maintenance, right??? I would have been sooooo scared seeing a bear too! I live in PA, so they are around. I just have only seen deer. I wish flying relaxed me! Why did you take 13 hour flights as a kid? You must have gone on some epic family vacations. :)

      Delete
    2. My dad's Australian and my mom's Swiss, so every winter was spent in Australia and every summer was spent in Switzerland. The Australian trip is the killer-24 hours door to door...if we were lucky! i

      Delete
    3. Oh my word that must have been exhausting!

      Delete
  7. I did not try the patch! Luckily I wasn't too sore. :) Paul is doing very well, thank you for asking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just went to the doctor on Monday to get a prescription of Ativan. I am flying to Costa Rica next week and just the THOUGHT of flying makes me have panic attacks. I'm the worst flier on the planet.

    Everywhere I run is mountain lion territory and every time I go hiking it's mountain lion territory. Mountain lions are the one wild animal I am deathly afraid of. I can do bears (and have), elk, deer, ect, but mountain lions?! Nope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't blame you. As you know, they stalk and hunt you down!

      Delete