A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Monday, June 22, 2015

Blogger Spotlight: Running Over the Hill

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Today's spotlight blogger is Karen of Running Over the Hill! I love Karen's practical approach to running. She listens to her body and trains in a way that gets her ready to run strong during her races. I also appreciate that she is very dedicated to weight training! Here is some more about Karen...


1. How long have you been blogging? I started my blog, http://karensclutter.blogspot.com/ on March 31, 2013 after ran my first 5K. I started the blog I currently share  http://moreclutterfromkaren.blogspot.com/ in December 2013.

2. How did you come up with the title of your blog? 
I did not start running until I was 46, so Running Over the Hill seem right.

3. Describe your blogging style. Do you blog on a schedule? Do you write your posts ahead of time? How long does it take you to write a post?  
I try to write truthfully about myself and share my highs and lows. Running hasn’t come easy for me and I battle my weight, so I try to share my journey. I am never consistent! I wish I was, but life happens…I try to work around it J

4. What inspired you to start a blog? 
I love the connection to others blogging gives me. I also blog for myself, I tend to look back sometimes and see what I wrote, how I felt, etc…

5. What types of blogs do you enjoy reading? I love fitness and running blogs.

6. Tell us your current fitness related goal(s).  
I work hard at weight training, trying to build my overall strength for my health. I hope to run a marathon someday, but I am recovering from a tribal stress fracture so I am still undecided if 2016 will be my year.  I am planning on running the Richmond Half in November 2015.

7. What is your proudest running and/or fitness related accomplishment? I think crossing the line at my first half marathon was the happiest I ever felt. My longest run had only been 10 miles so I wasn’t sure I could do it!

8. Do you race? Why or why not? I love to race and it does give me extra motivation when I know an event is coming, but I’ve only run 5 half marathons, so I don’t feel like I race often at all. I would love to increase the number of events I do, but racecations can get expensive, so I am trying to find more local Fall/Winter events. I am not a summer runner.  

9. Where is the coolest place you have run?  
My runs in Montana when I visit my Mom. I love the beauty, the clean air, the low humidity, some of the happiest runs I’ve ever had were in Whitefish.This post had some of the pretty views Montana Pictures 
I also loved the Disney Princess Half, the whole event was fun (although not cool at all)!    

10. And last... what picture sums you up in a nutshell? (provide the picture please!)  
Hard to pick just one! I have a few race shots I love because they remind of how happy I felt running!  :) 




Karen, thank you so much for sharing with us today!

I would love to feature some more bloggers, so keep the entries coming! You can find the details here!

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I enjoy reading Karen's blog. I am always very impressed by her commitment to strength training and cross training!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love Karen's blog! She always seems to be smiling no matter what. I also like to look back on my post to see how I was feeling and how I was writing about my fitness just like Karen does. Great blog Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love Karen and her blog! Good Choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a blogger who's honest and real about their running! It's so refreshing compared to some of those sugar-coated bloggers out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I refuse to read the sugar stuff. Not into it. Karen is REAL.

      Delete
  5. Well hopefully seeing how many of us enjoy your blog gives you some motivation to keep going, Karen! :)

    ReplyDelete