A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Finishers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


The purpose of a finisher after a strength training workout is to rev up your metabolism, blast some calories, and burn fat. As a runner and lover of fast paced, hard pounding, endorphin producing workouts, I have found that finishers can give me that "runners high" feeling if I'm craving it after I lift. Finishers... they're kind of like drugs. Just kidding!


Here are some finishers for you to try! Obviously, modify the reps to fit your needs.





Do you ever incorporate Finishers at the end of your workouts?

10 comments:

  1. I've never heard of "finishers" before, so thanks for sharing! I do like doing circuit type workouts that have intervals of high intensity cardio if I'm not running.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I learned the term back when I read a lot of lifting blogs. If I had energy/time left after I lifted, sometimes I would do a little "finisher". It's funny how hard jumping jacks are after leg day! (Not like I would know what leg day feels like anymore hahaha!)

      Delete
  2. Yes! After I run I take my dog for a cool down walk for a mile. But after that I come in and row hard for a mile. It gets my heart pounding and helps to loosen up my back! At the end of my weight or TRX workout I do the core set and that gets my heart pumping out of my chest! Crazy. I never knew what they were called so thanks for the 411. Hope you are having a great time on vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a great way to finish your workout! I found the term when I was reading lifting blogs.

      Delete
  3. You always have or find such awesome workout ideas! I'm going to save these so that I can do a few of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Test test....

    I think my comment got eaten :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok well my nice long comment got eaten but in a nutshell:

      #3 and #4 look SO HARD! I can't believe you are finishing a lifting workout with those! I'd need a serious nap after that, haha

      Delete
    2. I am sorry it ate your comment. :(

      Truth: I never did these exact finishers but they looked like fun!

      I think it is GOOD to not have energy after lifting- leave it all on the floor! But if you are deloading or just doing a light day for some reason, it could be fun to get some endorphins quicka t the end.

      Delete
  5. Ooh that is a great idea! I love KB because it is like strength and cardio all in one!

    ReplyDelete