A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Weekly Workout Recap!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Still taking baby steps in the running department!


5/16-  A great 6 mile walk/run that you can read about here!



5/17- I had a very random workout that including walking, lifting, and monkey bars! You can read more about it here!

5/18- A morning walk/run. It broke down like this: 1/2 mile walk, 1.5 mile run, 1/4 mile walk, 1.75 mile run, 1/4 mile walk. Then I did 5 sets of 1 minute planks while I watched The Today Show. Matt Lauer makes planking a whole lot better!



5/19- 5 total miles of walking spread out throughout the day.

5/20- Chest at home. Then I mowed the lawn after work. That counts, right?



5/21- Back at home and a 2 mile walk.



5/22- Walk/run before work. Then when I got home from work we walked to the bank- 2 miles round trip!




And of course all week, I did a lot of this...



And this....


And this...



And THIS!

Do you count any household chores as a workout?

11 comments:

  1. I do--I gardened all day yesterday--for me, it is a strength workout. Last week I put my Garmin on while cutting the grass--1.4 miles, because we have a push mower--I count that! When the Garmin uploaded to Strava--apparently I missed a few spots!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL that is so funny!!!! I should wear my Garmin for mowing too and see what it says! I have a small yard so I highly doubt I do a mile... but it is prob more than I think it is.

      Gardening it TOTALLY a strength workout. ;)

      Delete
  2. That second stretch is my favorite...what's it called?? I never know how to explain it to people!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather @ GGR called it figure four, and when I googled it, that is what came up. So I think that it what it is!

      One of my favorites is just BENDING OVER. Makes my hammys feel so good.

      Delete
  3. Great week in workouts -- I really think you need to count chores (especially mowing the yard) as workouts. Are you still getting treated at the chiro?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No more chiro. I think I will have to update yas all on that one. It was feeling a lot better and since I was really reeling in my running and stuff he felt like I could manage it on my own and that there wasn't anything significant he could do at this point because it didn't feel tight.

      Delete
  4. Mowing the lawn totally counts as a workout!
    I can't even do that second exercise you show anymore. I us to do it all the time but I can't even bend my left leg that way without severe pain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg I am so sorry that sucks. :( Have you gotten an MRI or anything?

      Delete
  5. Doing house chores has to count for something! I am trying to figure out what I can call washing the dishes because I hate doing them, but if I could apply some workout value to it maybe I would like it more!!!

    Kicked my own butt lifting today :) I even tracked my heart rate during the lifting session and saw some nice spikes!! Woot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great job! I take it that it's all working for you. :)

      Delete
  6. Hahaha, Wow, you and I do a lot of the same poses!

    ReplyDelete